Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda domination? Are they kidding? Doesn't that require winning the race? Sorry, but second, fourth, sixth, seventh, and tenth doesn't qualify for domination in my book, especially when their highest finisher was smoked by 4-1/2 seconds by a Suzuki and Yamahas took 3rd, 5th, 8th, and 9th.

Katsuaki Fujiwara, Suzuki GSX-R600, 23 laps, 38:10.992

2. Chris Vermeulen, Honda CBR600RR, -4.565 seconds

3. Alessio Corradi, Yamaha YZF-R6, -12.889 seconds

4. Christophe Cogan, Honda CBR600RR, -13.125 seconds

5. Jorg Teuchert, Yamaha YZF-R6, -13.310 seconds

6. Karl Muggeridge, Honda CBR600RR, -16.777 seconds

7. Broc Parkes, Honda CBR600RR, -17.193 seconds

8. Christian Kellner, Yamaha YZF-R6, -17.513 seconds

9. Jurgen Vd Goorbergh, Yamaha YZF-R6, -20.091 seconds

10. Werner Daemen, Honda CBR600RR, -20.854 seconds

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The Honda press release sure did its best to make it sound like total domination -- glad to see that MO didn't fall for it in titling the article like RRW did.

Not only did they git beaten by the old, obsolete Suzuki, it was the only damn Suzuki in the entire field. Chambon will be back for Phillip Island, to join his teammate Fujiwara, and I expect that they may have something to say about whether Honda will dominate there like they seen to suggest that they will.

I really don't have anything against their motorcycles, but Honda's corporate arrogance lately is getting annoying, and I will be cheering for the Suzukis and Yamahas to kick their collective ass. I am a bit disappointed that there were not any Kawasakis in contention at Valencia -- if any can be competitive at Phillip Island, I'll be cheering for them too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: Honda World Supersport: Looks kinda even to me

Given there is a spread on Hondas and Yamahas after the lone Suzuki I'm guessing if there were more Suzukis they would be spread across the first ten too. Seems like its all rather even, so is it the bikes or is it the riders? What is does say is no bike was really dominant - if it was 5 Suzukis followed by 5 Yamahas then followed by the Hondas we would know the Honda wasn't dominant for sure and the Suzuki was. The season is long and on the basis of this first race I think its too even to call which bike will be world champion. Will the Kawis get up there too?

Merv.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Honda World Supersport: Looks kinda even to me

Hey, Friday qualifying session at Phillip Island has Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki for provisional front row. Sounds like a pretty evenly matched group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts