Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The auction site is a definte upgrade from the MO Classifieds which posted thousands of adds per month - way more than eBay. Furthermore, the classifieds login system was not integrated with the current MO login, making them more bothersome to use. Don't get me wrong, I love eBay. I go there every time I want to see the same item listed six times in a row at near-retail price.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Good luck, but you don't have the "critical mass" that eBay does. I think you should have stuck with your standard classifieds, and built a better search engine for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ah the joys of working for a small company...

...the company needs everything and anything you do is an improvement.

My only criticism (read: suggestion) of the auction format is the same as my criticism for the classifieds section.

It's not easy to find what you are looking for.

My suggestions would be to separate bikes by brand and then by state and not by year and region. Separate parts from bikes. Include a wanted section.

Take a look at this site.

http://www.ibmwr.org/market/

This format is very intuitive.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Readers can be such a$$holes ...

jeez .... what's wrong with some of the readers of this pub? talk about latent hostility. i can only assume they ain't been gettin any lately.

it's ok to say, "your bidding program ain't for me. i prefer e-bay."

but to slam you for giving it a try seems awfully childish. so let me say this: congrats for giving this a try. i'll be checking it out for myself, with an open mind.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The SEARCH funtion seems to work well. Hard to be sure given there is only one auction at this time, but I tried different things.

I searched on words in Sean's auction title, eg, "championship," or "honda," and his bike showed up in the search.

Then I searched on words in the body of his description, eg, "billet," or "new," and again Sean's bike showed up in the search results.

Then I thought maybe Seans bike might be showing up simply because it's the only one up for auction at this time, so I searched on "guzzi." The search found zero auctions.

Finally, I searched on word fragments, eg, "champ," or "pion," and again Sean's bike showed up.

So with some thoughtful searching, folks should be able to find what they want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the search function is advanced. A search will pull from keywords in the text of the auction, not just from the title or category. This gives the seller more power to be found.

There is quite a bit of intuitive LOGIC that you won't ever see to appreciate behind this auction.

I like those classifieds Durango. Good news, now that the foundation is there: it's cheezy easy to adjust categories in the acution for better usability.

Go have coffee all you mean people who suck. Then, if you still insist on venting from your cowardly keyboard, send in some exemplary URLs that have worked for you.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Hooch, don't sweat the morons. They couldn't make something like you did in a million years, yet are the first to put you down. Did you use PHP and My SQL for the auction? I would imagine so since the rest of the site is that, but ya may have switched to the dark side! Microsoft IIS and Access or Oracle. Only question is the zones don't include the Midwest USA. If I was looking for that area, where would I search?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Brilliant

I am not really sure what you are trying to say here. This thread is in support of Hoochie and the auction.

What does "din't" mean?

Didn't your mom teach you how to spell?

"Polite to 'Girlies'"?

Your plea for politeness is muted by your derogatory remark. Hoochie may be inviting such slander with her handle, but come on... show some respect.

Why not do a comparo between Hoochie and the SV650?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

my comments were directed more towards other, more hostile posts, not yours. I just tacked it on the end because I new you'd realize that my post had nothing to do with yours. din't is how didn't is spelled when you fail to hit the D key after the I key and before the N key, whatever her name implies, I think slamming some one for trying to improve a feature is in poor taste, and a good indication of a whinney-assed crybaby attitude, that negates any requirements of good tast and manners, and I thus voiced my opinion, you however are free to agree or disagree, as you wish.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Hoochie / SV-650 Comparo...

Both are fun to... oops! Wait, momma once said discretion is the better part of valor.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.