Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
New theory!

Edwards is so obsessed with beating Nicky after what happened in the Dutch GP that he will go kamikaze on him and both go out of the race in the last lap.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
1. Rossi

2. Hayden

3. Edwards

The move to 800cc is smart.. Hope to see an 800 cc sportbike for the masses someday (besides the VFR).. Love to see Superbike go to 800cc...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Am I dense? I don't quite get the last paragraph. A "one-hour tape delay on July 30th."

Assuming it is telecast at 3:00 P.M. a week later, wouldn't this be a 169 hr. tape-delay?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I thought about going down there bunch of sportbike riders are making the trip from Seattle.. "The hive on I-5".. But I'll just kick back with a my favorite beer Guinness and enjoy.. If I can just get the wife out of the house.. Maybe I'll tell her there is a sale at Nordstorms or Macys...

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Heck you'd think that such a racing expert would have actually been to a race or too.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hopkins? I can't wait to see how Dani Pedrosa does at Laguna.

I hope Nicky gains points on Rossi. Maybe KRJR can help out like he did in Germany last week?

Edwards seems to be comfortable at Laguna too.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Fort Ord

Maybe the race promoters can double-time the spectators down to the parking area, and back again. Then give them a smoke break in the afternoon fog for the pneumonia bonus.

They'll bring back great memories of racing, albuterol and meningitis.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kpaul says to himself "I am the Bruce Lee of MO" oops my battery on my laptop is out of juice... it will have to wait till tomorrow...

·
Registered
512 Posts
ABC's rebroadcast of the race isn't until July 30??

ABC's rebroadcast of the race isn't until July 30?? What the hell are they smoking over at ABC??? Crack?

A week later to us sport bike types might as well be a year!!

I guess some people who never heard of MotoGP might find out about it, but If I were them I would be a little miffed about being a week late!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: ABC's rebroadcast of the race isn't until July 30??

Hold up, now. I think people are forgetting a few important things.

1. ABC and Dorna both know very well the terms of the broadcast agreement (and it was just signed recently.)

2. ABC may have other broadcast contracts/committments for the timeslot on Sunday.

3. This is the biggie: I'm sure SPEED owns the live/same-day broadcast rights in the U.S. ABC wouldn't be allowed to broadcast this Sunday unless it struck some deal with SPEED (which is owned by FOX--probably not gonna happen). And Dorna would be breaching its contract with SPEED by making that kind of deal.

Just be happy it airs twice! Yahoo!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.