Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
On the contrary, I've found dirt/DP'ing around SE Asia most fun. It's a rarity to see a white foreigner on a dirtbike trolling down paths and across farm access trails, the people are universally intriqued and amazingly friendly. Exotic, different and not boring, I'm excited to get back over to Thailand next week or so.

--Ashley

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Now I am envious. What I wouldn't give for some good Haw Mok Talley, Bla Tod Rad Prik, and some Sticky rice with fresh Mango right now. Shame on you for torturing us out here in the hinterlands Ashley. Van

·
Registered
489 Posts
Indeed, Somtam (incredibly spicy fresh mango "salad") is what brought the great omnivore EBass to his knees... he actually said "uncle" and gave up his self-image of being able to eat spicy food. It's just not the same here... ...somtam and sticky rice (especially the kind smoked in a bamboo shoot, ummm...) are Laoatian food, though, and it's gotta be the hotest stuff on earth. Vietnamese can be pretty spicy but I'm always annoyed that they're killing and eating dogs so I don't partake.

You did a tour in the .mil Van?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
No tour in the .mil Ashley. Some years back I became friends with Thim, a Thai lady that opened the first Thai restaurant in the Sacramento area. She sort of became the doyenne of the Thai eatery scene there, and when ever we went into a Thai restaurant the owners would shower us with their best stuff. Most of which wasn't on the menu. BTW I did some time as a chef, and though I impress my friends by making my own curries, and most Thai dishes, my cooking still can't compare to Thim's. Van

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.