Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Post!

I just have to ask... Does anybody think this will truly DO anything?

·
Registered
203 Posts
In as much as the party of the first part, referenced as the house, be refered to by the party of the second part, referenced as a given citizen, then that reference to the said resolution by the first part is deemed by the part of the second part to be twaddle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Stupid legal speak.

Whether or not a Motorcycle Safety Awareness month means anything depends on what we (or rather, you Californians) do about it. If you work with your dealers, clubs, and friends to promote events that broadcast the importance of motorcycle safety, then a motorcycle safety month will do something.

If you do nothing, the bill means nothing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Alan, I'm not flaming here, I'm truly curious... WHAT do you think it'll do to have a "Motorcycle Awareness" month?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hereafter, insofar as the party of section one, being the honorable grappelli, forthwith shall be pronounced the honorable willis, in lieu of aforementioned section one honorary title, shall be queried by the party of section two, being hereafter mentioned to be the reader, as to the contents of original master document, the aforementioned response under article II3a.2 of the MO.COM constitution.

shortly: "what you talkin bout willis????!"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please--don't you negative, critical persons have anything better to do than constantly trash the efforts of others. Grow up for God's sake, and do something yourself that you believe to be helpful to others, especially since you seem to have all the answers. Here is some unsolicitted advise: Being against something (negativity) weakens you--being for something empowers you and those around you. You are wasting your irreplaceable human energy on criticism; DO SOMETHING POSITIVE. Go down to the local VA hospital if you need your priorities straightened out--but DO OR SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE. Best wishes.

Bryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with your point of view, but I must ask...are you new to this forum? The posts are typical of a certain segment of the posters on this site, and not to be negative or anything...but lotsa luck. Fortunately, they are just a segment.

BTW, concerning the article title...that's Assembly (State) not House (Federal).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I'm fairly new to this site. I guess tonight, I just couldn't take it anymore--and needed to vent. I would like to read this site, and I have seen some really intelligent, insightful comments on here in the past. So, I understand it is just a segment, as you say. Thanks for your response and best wishes.

Bryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Assembly Safety Awareness Month

WHEREAS, in my house, there are no assembly members and it will be kept that way

WHEREAS, the safety hazards created by listening to or otherwise following the advice of old rich people who have no interest other than their own is dangerous and a caucus is best left in the former soviet bloc

WHEREAS, it is especially important that we realize that the best way to improve our safety is to buy an effective set of earplugs and realize that it is the soft money talking

WEREAS, During this month we unite as motorcyclists and do the one thing we can: get out and ride

·
Registered
203 Posts
To put it succinctly (as the party of the second part):

"I think they're talking crap"

Pass a resolution - that'll really make a difference, mumble mumble safety mumble mumble. Mumble mumble MUMBLE mumble need to be put out of our misery mumble mumble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's nice to know they tought of us. But really, what it comes down to is riders simply must continue to be extremely careful while driving(err, "riding"). Statistics can tell us the amount of accidents we end up having but cannot put a number on all the accidents we routinely avoid. STAY ALERT!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'm sure it'll be just as effective as some other government resolutions. Like the one in the 1930s that officially banned war. Or the one passed by the Utah legislature and signed by the governor that set a maximum level for the Great Salt Lake (imagine the County Sherrif trying to arrest the Lake during the floods of 1983).

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
If they REALLY wanted to do something they would pass a law that made it illegal for a court to accept the "I didn't see the motorcycle" defense that car drivers use, whether they actually saw the bike or not.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This is a motorcycle sight, not a New Age Feel Good Love-in. There are loads of other places where you can get lots of positive touchy-feely vibies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ever wonder why there are seldom serious injuries on racecourses despite some rather high velocity crashes? It's because vehicles like Excursions and Suburbans and other vehicles with the agility of trees and stopping distances measured in miles are not allowed on the track. (And, there are no utility poles bordering the track.) Granted, there are some irresponsible and stupid motorcyclists on the road, most serious motorcycle related injuries are caused by other "drivers" that pay no attention to what is happening around them except the conversation on their mobile phone. I propose that motorcycle safety month be accompanied with a ban on all vehicles that weigh more than small buildings, drivers' side vanity mirrors, radios that play louder that a space shuttle launch, cruise control and all dumbasses - just in case they are not in violation of any of these other banned devices.

That is all I have to say about that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.