Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, joining Motorcycle.com is worse than joining AOL. At least AOL will let you call some "Ahole" who refuses to let you cancel your subscription. Motorcycle.com provides NO information on canceling, along with the fact that they do not have any REAL way to be contacted. I've sent them emails requesting that I be switched from an "automatic" renewal of my subscription to manual. You know, so the decision is actually mine as to whether or not I want to renew. But do they respond? Of course not. They just want the $$$.

And take a look at their website. Where in the hell do you go to change account information (like subscriptions)? I can "subcribe" to a thread (whatever that means, and who gives a Sh##!). I can provide additional information about myself all day long (you know, so it can be sold to every other person/business that would like that info). I can do just about anything, accept change or cancel my subscription. This website is like the mafia. I guess once you're "in", there's no getting out.

So now I have two choices. Either cancel my credit card so further "unauthorized" charges to it from Motorcycle.com can no longer occur. Or just have the charge reversed the next time it happens. All I wanted to do was change from automatic to manual. But now this place has really pissed me off, and I don't want to have a damn thing to do with it.

But hey, I guess I'll be around for awhile. My subscription was just renewed again without my permission.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have to say I like the responders here. lol Gotta have a sense of humor with this place!

To those who asked, I tried the "contact us" and the User CP. Neither option has given me any response or information on how to change or cancel my subscription.

Just for my own information, if someone else can actually find the option/area on the website that allows you to do this, I'd certainly like to know about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After my first / last gym membership I learned never to allow automatic payments. ..
I agree, but in all honesty, I don't remember signing up for an automatic payment. I thought that maybe motorcycle.com just switched everyone over to that method of payment. I only found out because I saw the charge on my bank statement. All I can say at this time is that any business that does not make it easy for you to check/change your account and related payment options is being less than honorable. Right now, I feel more like a "mark" than a customer.

And, like you, I do not like automatic payments. The last one I had was with Consumer Reports (that's the only method they apparently allow). I had signed up with the intention of cancelling a year later. I actually forgot about it and for 3 years they collected an annual fee while I never even used the service. I'm guessing this is what some businesses count on. I'm sure they have financial analysts calculating the increased revenues from customers who simply forget they were paying annually. But at least Consumer Reports provides complete access to personal account information, with the ability to cancel at any time. I can't say the same for this site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally located an old email regarding the subscription to Motorcycle.com, and I discovered that it was set up through Paypal (I had always believed I had a direct subscription with Motorcycle.com using my credit card - ok, so I forgot). Even Paypal made it difficult to cancel the subscription, because thier instructions were simply incorrect. I was not able to go through any of the steps they recommended because the menu items in the instructions did not exist. Anyway, I found the actual payment by doing a search, and it then pulled up a subscription menu where I was able to cancel. Now, if I ever want a subscription to Motorcycle.com, it will only be the "one time" payment option. But I doubt I will even do that, as they offered me ZERO help in dealing with this problem. In fact, the only responses I ever received regarding this issue came from anyone who responded to this thread. That's it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.