Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited a 1979 Yamaha XS750 Special and am wondering how much I could get for it if I decided to sell it.

Here is what I know about the bike;
- 9,000 miles
- Very good condition
- One or two dings and a couple of tiny scratches on tank
- Needs chain and brake work
- Bike has sat in a shed for over 15 years
- Bike has title

How much could I get for the bike? Also, how much could I get for it if I were to fix it up and get it running 100%

Here is what the bike looks like;

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
The triple, right?

I dunno. Nothing if it's not running.

Running? Maybe worth $800 bucks. The XS750 was a dog at the time. Reliable but pretty boring. Low on power compared to everyone else.

But there are a lot of dollars chasing old bikes right now so if it just needs a battery no reason not to get it running and put it out for a grand. Who knows?

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
The triple, right?

I dunno. Nothing if it's not running.

Running? Maybe worth $800 bucks. The XS750 was a dog at the time. Reliable but pretty boring. Low on power compared to everyone else.

But there are a lot of dollars chasing old bikes right now so if it just needs a battery no reason not to get it running and put it out for a grand. Who knows?
As always, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There may be some guy out there that dreamed of owning this bike as a kid.

The great thing about internet advertising is that you have a much greater chance of that guy finding your bike.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
If that's a current picture it seems to be in above average shape, if all it takes is a battery and a can of ether then go for it. A running bike is always worth considerably more than a dead one, in a metro area you should get a grand pretty easy maybe 12 or 13 hundred. Be sure to point out it gets 45+ miles to the galleano....

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
If that's a current picture it seems to be in above average shape, if all it takes is a battery and a can of ether then go for it. A running bike is always worth considerably more than a dead one, in a metro area you should get a grand pretty easy maybe 12 or 13 hundred. Be sure to point out it gets 45+ miles to the galleano....
Watch it there Sarnali or you'll be getting a letter from the Klazy Ken! legal department.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.