Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I wouldn't buy a used bike off e-bay. A new one from a dealer might work if there was a significant savings, or some other reason why I couldn't find one locally. I can be just about anywhere on the west coast and back home with my truck in a few days so I'd save shipping

I'd just have to pay the Peoples Republic of Washington's sales tax, license tax, Sound Transit tax, Paul Allen Stadium tax, Large Insuance Company Field tax, and Keep Large Chicago Based Aircraft Co. in Washington tax.

At least it would be a fun drive to pick the bike up.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
my co-worker just bought a '94 FXR from a guy in FLA. for quite a bit less than market value here in the NW, he paid for the local HD dealer to inspect it and replace the tires, tune-up/oil change and store it for him.

He and his wife are flying down next month to do the Carribbean, then they're going to ride the bike back to Seattle. He feels pretty comfortable with the whole deal so I hope it works out.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: I knew it was too good to be true.

Laugh if you want but he's right. The falacy of shipping jobs overseas benefiting U.S workers is classic Orwellian NewThink and ignores the basic economic reality that if you ship everyones job overseas they're not going to be able to buy your products.

"Oh, but we'll retrain you", for what? how much training is going to buy you a middle class lifestyle on minimum wage "service industry" jobs?

Chairman Mao was right, not only are we selling them the rope were paying them to build the gallows. Everyone of these capitalist bastards should be exported along with their companys, let them go rape someone else's economy.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: YOU WHAT ???

Good for you, buz, bring it over so I can ride it! (I will be merciful) Did you get rid of anything or just add it to the expanding buzglyd fleet?

I guess with the Ducati and now the Brutale you're going to have to change your name to Buuz-ia Glyd-a. With your black hair and Eye-tye rides you can put on a Rossi accent and get the hotties feelin' naughty.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Storage

No, I'm not seeing a downside either. If you get tired of tripping over the Duc. I'll let him keep it at my house.

So is the MV the S that Yossef tested awhile back? I'll have to re-read the artical and see what you got. Sounds like the mix I want, IE Touring bike for daily driver and nekkid play bike for nice days.

If I could just get my kids to realize that beans on toast every day is a balanced diet, and there's places besides Nordies and the Bon to buy the cute new outfits they need every other day I'd be set.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Storage

I'll bet your son will understand about the college fund, What guy would rather go to school than go riding?

it I don't even call it a garage anymore it's my office. I've got a fridge and a comfy chair, all I need is microwave and I could stay out there most of the time. (When you're praying for a house full of women, you need to specify that they're not related to you)

I put a set of gen-mars on the Trophy to go with my fitted seat and the weather has broke 70 for the last few days, now it's even harder to stay off it.

So do you go start it up and listen to it, then breathe in the new motorcycle hot engine smell?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: You look a little peaked

So... It's a sick day tomorrow eh?. Chinook pass should open pretty soon, That's my usual "sneak a day off" destination. Don't forget to scuff your tires in good before you go shreddin' it like a ripper ( I know you 40 y.o's can get forgetful)

Three sisters with girlfriends and a pool......sheesh....

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Say what?

you mean you're supposed to wait until you can afford a new bike before you buy it?

Good one, you had me going there for a minute.

You're right about Japanese bike economics. Unless you want the latest and greatest every 2 year design cycle the depreciation and parts price and availability are against you for the long term.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts