Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
My friend Brian purchased his BMW on Ebay from a guy in MN. He got it for considerably below market value. He did have to pay $600 for shipping.

As much as you like "V-Roads" you should start searching.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Um, Yes I did

Apparently you didn't notice that I noticed that you were poking fun at the scammer as well.

Did you notice the guy who replied to my post made a crack about a Rode Worrier? Apparently he knew I was goofing off.

Perhaps you were too caught up in your "all-knowing, all-seeing squidliness" to infer that.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Frequently there is a chick angle too. I was inquiring about a plasma TV once and got the old "I'm selling it because I just broke up with my boyfriend and I don't want it" or something like that.

The "seller" was just a short drive from me so I suggested a meeting and of course there was always some lame reason not to meet.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Honda Velociraptor is great motorcycle

It much better than Rode Worrier or V-Road.

You buy now I throw in 50 mil from a bank in Nigeria.

Keep shiny side up!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Resale

If anyone was doubting the crappy resale value of Japanese bikes a 2002 with a nice exhaust $4850 pretty much explains everything.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I knew it was too good to be true.

He's off his medication again folks.

It's interesting that the KPaul aliases put things in bold font just like KPaul!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: Resale

I was curious about litre bikes lately and looked up CBR954s and R1s. Since the newer versions are out prices have plummeted. It's amazing that if the previous squid owner polished his frame, the value just completely crashes.

I didn't buy one. I bought a Brutale instead.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: I knew it was too good to be true.

Now you just need to come up with an alias and agree with yourself. You also might want to throw in how handsome you are as well.

There's an MV Agusta in my garage now.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: YOU WHAT ???

The Duc and the Geezer Glide are still in the garage at the moment. I let my neighbor ride the Duc home from the Italian dealership today. He's totally under the ether now and is considering buying it if I'll let him keep it in my garage!

So let's see...he buys my Ducati and it stays in my garage with the keys in the ignition. I can live with that.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: I knew it was too good to be true.

I believe the current choices for the Brutale at the moment are a 750 or a 750.

There has been some speculation about a 1000cc version but remember we're talking about an Italian company here. I might not live long enough to see that one!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I think we agree

I was talking about looking at used bike.

My guess is you do care about resale if you're buying low. If you didn't care you'd buy the latest and greatest resale be damned.

I think 2 year old Japanese bikes are great deals but I haven't seen any Honda ads saying, "wait two years until you buy one!"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts