Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Couldn't be happier with the bike I bought there, either. It was near immaculate and serviced properly. When I brought it to my local Kawi dealer for a jet kit, I had them do a looksee. They said it was in excellent mechanical condition. And I paid about $1000 less than the most of the dealers were asking for it. (And I got a Muzzy titanium can, too.)

The key is to try to read the tea leaves, examine pictures closely and ask plenty of questions if you have any doubts about the honesty of the seller.

That being said you're still taking a chance when you can't see the bike in person. You are protected to a large degree by ebay now, but it's still a risk. A risk I'm glad I took.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Thanks for your support

"Keep Large Chicago Based Aircraft Co" Thanks for your support .$Billions for a couple of thousand jobs that remain here is quite a deal for the company. The rest of production and engineering jobs are being offshored to India, Japan, Italy, and South Korea. Not only is it the U.S. largest exporter of airplanes but now its the largest exporter of jobs.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Um, Yes I did

Apparently you didn't notice that I noticed that you were poking fun at the scammer as well.

Did you notice the guy who replied to my post made a crack about a Rode Worrier? Apparently he knew I was goofing off.

Perhaps you were too caught up in your "all-knowing, all-seeing squidliness" to infer that.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Dear Knucklehead

Perhaps you were too caught up in your Harley Davidson-induced inferiority complex to deduce that I was poking fun at a scammer's dead-giveaway spelling error and not your beloved all-knowing, all-seeing "Motor Company."

(See my above post for my experiences with the vaunted V-Rod.)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Um, Yes I did

Hmm, apparently your razor-sharp wit didn't translate well into the post.

Actually, I thought the guy who replied to your post was goofing on you!

Oh well, never mind. Just having fun.

And don't call me squidly again or I'll have beat you with an Ironhead!

(God, I love this.)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: Thanks for your support

Sending work to Italy and Japan sure ain't cheaper than US labor, there might be another reason than the outsourcing boogieman. Not least of which that Seattle sucks.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Um, Yes I did

That senility is setting in on you, I can see. It'a a liability of your advanced age. Better see a doctor before you begin boarding on the SS Mental Instability.

21 - 40 of 160 Posts