Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
After the first oil change I've been using my own blend of 1/2 Castrol 10w40 GTX and half Castrol 10w40 Syn-tec for years with good results, It's fairly cheap and I KNOW it's 50/50 synthetic, instead of "a synthetic blend" I change the oil and filter every 3k anyway so it's not a big deal.

I've used full-on motorcycle oil and straight car oil and from my experiance and everything I've read there doesn't seem to be any differance, just stick to non-energy conserving oil like 10w40 or 15w50 Interestingly enough my bike shifted poorly on Mobil MX4T also, however with plain Mobil 1 10w40 it shifted fine.

The only thing I don't like to do is valve adjustments, poor close-up vision, big hands and 16 itty-bitty valve shims doesn't make a fun afternoon. Everything else is cake and pie

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Everything is easy after you've done it 1000 times but there's a first time for everyone. If articals like this help someone out then where's the harm?

You did remind me of my neighbor about the same time ('81 or so) who wanted to impress "the biker" (me) next door and do his own oil change. He puts his '70 something LTD up on the bumper jack, crawls underneath with his cresent wrench, yanks out the drain plug and pours 5 qts. of dity oil all over himself, his driveway, the storm drain, and eventually the Green River.

I was laughing so hard I dropped my bong....er...I mean beer.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Chevy Van

You're supposed to wipe your hands on them when you eat fried chicken, that's why dogs are knee high.

Cats exist to give dogs something to chase when you get tired of throwing a football. Using cats to soak up oil spills is a good idea though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.