Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,140 Posts
I guess it was 20 yrs ago...maybe as early as 81, but no later than '84. I was outside Barry Higgins' shop in Mableton, Ga ( he moved out to Douglasville many yrs later) - chewing the fat with Barry, gleefully overstating the details of the bike trip to the Rockies I'd just returned from. And then it happened. I would not have believed it unless I'd seen it. Even to this day, maybe I think I dreamed it: some bonehead on a Yamaha cruiser wobbled up, chain dangling as low as I'd ever seen. He stops, turns off his engine and says, "hey, man...can you adjust my chain? I'll pay you".

The mind boggles. They are out there and they need help! But are they worth redeeming?

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Uhhh, I've got 20+ yrs experience assisting the likes of Auto dealers, machine shops, mechanics, millwrights, etc., with Safety & Health programs. If you change oil once a yr or so, a little oil is no big deal. But if you have a couple or three bikes, change oil 3-4x/yr and do your own car, own lawnmower, etc., dirty oil on the hands is not a small thing. Latex, nitrile or vinyl gloves ARE a damn good idea.

Don't believe me...hey, no problem. But remember...believing something is not so will not make it not so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.