Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Honda of Salt Lake has a tube hanging in the parts area that says "Decal Off" on it. So I know that someone makes a product specifically to do this. Search around.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Griot's has 3-M Adhesive Remover that does pretty well. Probably could pick up at a Grainger Store sans "Seattle Markup".

I'd only go to the trouble of looking fer 3-M stuff if WD-40 did not work.

While doing my super secret squirrel work a few years ago, had opportunity to do an audit on a vendor that put WD-40 into cans. What a cool process. What a fire hazard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Naphtha!

Cheap, available, removes gooey stuff quickly, very safe on paint and plastics (won't even attack delicate lacquer finishes). Also good for removing beach tar from bare feet.

You are welcome.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Make sure you get the Chlorine free Brakeleen.. there are 2 types at our autozone, the Chlorine free is safe for this use, the normal (cheaper) cleaner harms painted surfaces, plastic, etc...

·
Registered
152 Posts
naptha (zippo fluid) works wonders, finish with a little light polishing compound and it'll be gone. I had to remove a base decal from my painted bumper. this worked great. just take your time, give it some time to soak in, use a piece of cloth like a compress so the naptha does not get everywhere or evaporate immiediatly. use your thumb to roll the adhesive into a localized glob and pick off. If the adhesive has lost it's tackiness and elasticity then rubing compound will take it off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
3M makes a citrus based cleaner in a 142 g spray can which works awesome on that pesky hitech chain lube which sticks like gorilla snot. part # 08789. I highly recommend this stuff to all you MOrons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.