Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to make motorcycle frames to sell like a small business and would like to be able to sell them with vins and manufacturers certification of orgin as I think it would help them become more popular. I have multiple questions. First of all, I know I can get vins assigned from the state but I would like the vins if possible to be like you would find on cars that line up with that specific make model year etc. If not how do I go upon getting a couple dozen vin numbers. I keep finding things saying that manufacturers assigne the vins so would I be able to do that. Also do you have to go through some special route to get certificate of origin so that the people who buy them can easily title them in any state, or can I just get certificates and fill them out, or title them all in utah and sign them over or some other way. What are all the legalities of this as far as licenses and permits. I'm in utah, but just for the sake of it if you have an answer to any of the questions even if there for a different state I would like to know. I don't plan on mass production or anything crazy, I dont know if I will even sell over a dozen. I just would like to build me a custom street legal bike an thought it would be cool to be able to make a few more and make a product out of them to get a small business going. I know I can make them and sell them without the vins or manufacturer stuff but thought having a vin and title would draw in a whole lot more people. Sorry about the forever long paragraph I'm just really have know idea what I'm doing as far as the business and legal side of thing and would like a idea of things before I try going down to the dmv or any other place.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts