Motorcycle Forums banner

How to Ride Like a Pro

26K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  jibosch 
#1 ·
Interesting skill building exercise for the real world. Computer controlled thrusters are also effective in moving large objects at slow speeds (like the Queen Mary 2 out of NY harbor)

....Any news on the fate of Aprilia or Motoguzzi? Has Beggio called it quits?

#27 ·
Re: neener neener

Mine's a '91 with zero defects to date. I only have to fuss with brake pads, tires and fluids. Wait, I did have a radiator hose clamp loosen and I lost a few drops of coolant. So I is happy with my beast. I ride alone so if you can ride away from me you won't see me getting too upset. As the short guy said, "It only has to be long enough to please me."

Seriously, when I sold my K75s I thought about getting a Triumph. I think the Trophy is a very nice bike. If they put a shaft on it I'll think even harder about getting one.

#28 ·
Re: How to Fall Like a Pro

Reminds me of a Johnny B. story of him riding the Roadog or what ever it was called. Burnsie did a graceful get-off on that monster and lived to tell the tail. Johnny B, hows bout reprising that event with a "Hot To" on getting off the Roadog. Better yet, you can do your on video of the ultimate slow speed test of skill buy riding the Gelbke-mobile through a slalom course. I'm sure Buzz Walnick would lend it to you again, if he still has it.

#31 ·
On a ride across Talimena Drive in Oklahoma a couple years ago, I had pulled my Duc into a scenic turn-off behind my buddy's K1200 RS to take a break. A group of elderly gentlemen on heavily fringed Harleys pulled in behind us, and noticed a little late that three inches of pea gravel can be tricky to navigate in. They elected to keep moving, but it was too late for one poor bastard who dumped his brand-spanking-new 100th Anniversary DWG on its side in the gravel right next to me. I noticed as his buddies were helping him up that everything the guy was wearing also appeared brand-new (no helmet, of course)... I'm guessing the guy hadn't taken an MSF course, either. Know how your bike handles (or doesn't, in the case of Geezer-Glides) BEFORE you ride!!!

#32 ·
I have an answer to this problem: stay AWAY from Mexico!

(law enforcement is completely corrupt, roads which are virtually unmaintained, poor/no street signs, *****-poor drivers in junkers with [shock] no insurance, far too much dirt, sand and gravel in the road and on corners, ad infinitum!)

#33 ·
I have an answer to this problem: stay AWAY from Mexico!

(law enforcement is completely corrupt, roads which are virtually unmaintained, poor/no street signs, pi$$-poor drivers in junkers with [shock] no insurance, far too much dirt, sand and gravel in the road and on corners, ad infinitum!)

#34 ·
Bought a Cavalcade (Suzuki Goldwing) in 99 and rode it for 2 years. I thought I was pretty good on it, able to keep up with squiddies on a local twisty mountain road.

However, I took the MSF Experienced Riders Course at Americade in 2001 and I was just amazed what I was able to do with that bike with the proper technique. I can now turn it around inside of 2-3 parking spots with no feet on the ground, at idle. Amazing, compared to what I knew beforehand.

Now with a '02 Wing that handes SO much sharper than the old Cade

MSF (or any) training is so much better than none...

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.