Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
When I was a little tyke back in the late 50s my Uncle Les used to give us rides on his Mustang. He took us to Ascot Park a few times for the 1/2 mile oval flattrack races and also to the scrambles down where the 91 Fwy is in LA.

I saved my paper route money and when I was 14 started working on my parents and by the time I was 15 1/2 they finally gave in through sheer exhaustion and let me get my first bike, a step through Honda Cub50. I rode the living p1ss out of the thing. Other kids were surfing but I was all over Palos Verdes/Torrance on my cub. I did every sort of mod to it I could... cut off fenders, megaphone, bored to 55, hi-comp piston.... it would do 53mph!

It's all uphill from there.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I'm actually not (uncatchable). I'll even let you catch up or pass me on my Blackbird with your car if you decide to go 15-20 mph over the speed limit on the road (well, most of the time). Trent the Uncatchable is the main character in a sci-fi novel called The Long Run (not the longride) by Daniel Keys Moran.
Good novel. I kept it in my library.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.