Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
It was a dark and stromy night...

My Uncle (who was more like a big brother) rode dirt bikes, and use to take me riding with his buddies back in the early 1970's. I started in 1968 at around age ten on a Flexo mini-bike with a cast iron 2 & 1/2 HP Briggs. That started an obsession with motorcycles that is still going, despite being paralyzed. Looking back, I've owned or ridden about everything, my favorite bike being my old 1976 JPR 360 Pursang. Still dream about riding it.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"Man, we have GOT to do something to get you back on the road again. If you were given a choice, would you prefer one O' them three-wheeled moto-thingies, or a Sidehack?"

Thanks Air, I mean Mr. Hawk...

A sidehack. I was supposed to look at a Chang Jiang a month or so ago, but the vendor bugged out on me. They have a hand clutch/hand shift on the sidehack models. Shifter's on the right side, behind the seat. But at the moment I'm fighting the DMV to give me my license back (they suspended it for canceling the insurance on my City X that got totaled & bought back by Geico). Idiots.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"If it was me though I'd get one of those new Piaggo 3-wheel scooters that leans and rig that up.. should be possible right?"

I was thinking the same thing with the Piaggio deal. The driving from the sidecar thing doesn't do much for me, why not just buy a convertable sports car? A guy in my support group has logged over 100,000 miles on a BMW sidehack rig. You just need a gigantic seat made for paras and I can sit in the saddle like the old days (velcro my feet to the floorboards). Stick my compact ti wheelchair in the hack.

That's some kinda animation you got going there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.