Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
My father raced dirt bikes back in texas in the 70's. He got me a bike when I was about 8. Little 80cc honda dirt bike, dual rear shocks, metal tank.

Three years ago at age 23 after living in LA for 2 years I decided I wanted a street bike. Got a EX500, rode it up to laguna seca for the 2005 motoGP race a month latter. Four months latter I went to my first track day with it. One month after than I bought a 125 GP bike and went to willow for my first race.

Took me 15 years to go from a dirt bike to a street bike, but only 6 months to go from a street bike to a race bike heh. EX500 died recently so I bought a RS250 as my new street bike.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Man, we have GOT to do something to get you back on the road again. If you were given a choice, would you prefer one O' them three-wheeled moto-thingies, or a Sidehack?
My work mate knows a guy who takes modern sportbikes makes a side car for them then moves all the controls to the side car - he has done this for a guy around here that is paralyzed so he can operate the sport bike from the side car.

I'm sure it can be done on other bikes too.

If it was me though I'd get one of those new Piaggo 3-wheel scooters that leans and rig that up.. should be possible right?

·
Registered
352 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.