Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am a new member. I ride a Honda Shadow 650.

Does anyone have any experience with the helmet "Heads Up Display?" I'd loved to try it. I don't know which bikes are compatible.

Thanks

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Well it worked pretty good back when I flew Phantoms in the 'Nam... Haven't tried the civvie version yet. I rented an Olds once that had a windshield speedometer, I thought it was distracting plus it didn't have altitude heading or weapons configurations so what's the use?.......

Best just to look at the ol' speed-o-meter once in a while bud...

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Mr. Hudsucker is Dead.

LONG LIVE THE HUD!

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
ET,

Forget the HUD. There is WAY too much information for your eyes as it is.

That, and why complicate things unecessarily?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Potato cakes are pretty durn good there pardner, a good way to use up left over mashed potatos. Fry up some bacon, use the grease to fry some mushrooms and tomatos then make mashed potato patties and fry them up....

It's what them Olympic Athletes have before an event

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Potato cakes are pretty durn good there pardner, a good way to use up left over mashed potatos. Fry up some bacon, use the grease to fry some mushrooms and tomatos then make mashed potato patties and fry them up....

It's what them Olympic Athletes have before an event
Especially tasty when smothered in boiled carb rubber gravy!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I actually have it (a well meaning gift from the in-laws). It's not dependent on bike brand but it's also not a great deal of use unless you need instant access to your current speed and spend a lot of time in a position where you can't see the speedo.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Boy, that makes me want to run out and get one!

Actually, I'm saving my coin to buy an electrically heated codpiece.

Y'know, for those rides when it drops below 60...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Boy, that makes me want to run out and get one!

Actually, I'm saving my coin to buy an electrically heated codpiece.

Y'know, for those rides when it drops below 60...
Yeah, after the obligatory "thank you but wtf is this" smiles I looked up the pricing on the internet... definitely pass this one over.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Dang, LR. You beat me to it. It's another one of those idiots from that same company, isn't it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.