Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting motor, MID. But possibly too little, too late.

Many EV OEMs (this is OTHER than Automotive-use) have already committed to inverter-duty polyphase AC-Induction motors and computerized inverters. Simple, proven, inexpensive technology. Any competent electric-motor repair shop can rewind one to within 1% of "New" Efficiency, should failure occur.

They haven't actually developed a motorcycle here (and state that they're NOT going to). Rather, this is just a computer-simulated concept. It's a Publicity Stunt to attract attention to their DC motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Hybrid - More Alt Vehicles Please

Actually the idea is great. I know you have the "purists", who say a motorcycle has to have an interal combustion engine, but I for one would like to drive through nature without destroying it.

Sorry if it doesn't fit in with the entire industry set up around louder, bigger polluters. I just want to ride outside at 100 mph for two hours.

Gimme that in a hyrdogen bike, or a hybrid, or electric, and I will be one happy commuter.

·
Registered
207 Posts
in one hundred and fifty years, when careless use of our fossil fuel resources (through activities like motorcycling) and rampant climate change has forced us to accept alternative sources of automotive power, legislation will see to it that these are the only motorcycles you're likely to encounter on the street.

i'll be dead, though, so where did i put that buell brochure?

·
Registered
233 Posts
What are the three stages of truth again? It goes something like this:

1) The notion is the object of derision and mockery,

2) Still silliness per the mob, but accepted by a few,

3) conventional wisdom, accepted by all who would not be mocked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wonder how they would handle in the rain....I want to see the cartoon rendition of that.....with Wyle E Coyote as the pilot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Hybrid - More Alt Vehicles Please

Im with you on this one, mristich. The Harley boys, some of them, hold that that rumble is a safety measure, notifying the gray-haired lady in the LeSabre at the intersection with her foot betwixt the brake and the pedal that somethings amiss out there somewhere. But I'll take my chances with a quiet bike. If its orange or red maybe the humans will see me, the pronghorns will flee me and ..........

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Sounds like you are speaking from experience.. Joliet? Pontiac? LOL just kidding

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Prison Sex is like HighSchool Sex - the Sex you want; you ain't gettin'. The Sex you're gettin'; YOU DON'T WANT..........."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts