Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the way this "bike" looks, I think the amplified sound of an .049 Cox Thimble Drone model airplane engine would be fitting.

·
Registered
771 Posts
That reminded me of a ralley I attended years ago. A goldwing rider had a tape of a Harley playing at full volume on his stereo when he rode through the parking lot. The confused looks from the HD guys was priceless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I was a serious rider, but never in my life have I been concerned with "Va-va-voom"... at least no so far as bikes are concerned.

Guess I don't know a damn thing about riding after all...

·
Registered
150 Posts
All they have to do is figure out how to make the exhaust generate alcohol instead of water and rake it out and add some chrome and it will sell like hotcakes. Everyone will forget about the noise when they get high on their own bikes moonshine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Peter Wakeham, director of the Noise Abatement Society, who said motorbikes were among the worst noise offenders, welcomed the idea of a quiet bike.

"But it kind of defeats the purpose of designing a silent bike only to then add an artificial noise device," he said.

Designing this motorbike kind of defeats the purpose of a motorbike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bad marketing strikes again...

I think they're doing themselves and the consumer a dis-service by marketing this as a "motorcycle." Being from the states maybe the connotations between scooter, motorcycle, motorbike, etc are all different in the UK, but I see lots of dis-appointed, confused people in the futur of this bike.

The bike looks like a hybrid scooter-dirt bike, it doesn't go over 50, and right now at least makes almost no noise.

Motorcycle enthusiasts are going to take one look at this and pass. The sales are going to be pants, and the whole project, which has a seed of a good idea behind it is going to tank.

They need to market this as alternative urban transport, which is exactly what it is. It's a segue that's faster, cooler looking, has a longer range, and is able to use the majority of roadways. That's not only more truthful advertising, I think it's more effective.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Bad marketing strikes again...

I totally agree. It's like the honda insight, so ugly it makes people think "nerd" about hybrids. If they want to add some noise they should add an air compressor, they'd get more power and get their noise. I must admit I did almost run over a pedestrian when test driving the EV1.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Noise Abatement Society, eh?

These people really need to be forced to get real jobs.

Plenty of schizoid paranoia (apparently noise causes depression, crime, child abuse, global warming, earthquakes and elm blight) at their website here. I couldn't find any mention of who pays their bills.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Sounds like another kamakaze organization bent on forcing their beliefs on everyone. What a wonderful world it would be if they all got their way. I'm comin to see ya Hunter!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Speaking of Hydrogen and blabbermouths, do you know the differance between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenberg?..................

Ones a flaming nazi gas-bag, the other one is a dirigable.

( I crack myself up, I swear...)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.