Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
So, in order to have pollution-free, environmentally friendly, hydrogen-fueled transportation, we have to spend 10 years building power plants. What will the power plants run on?

This is like amputating your hands so you won't have to suffer from paper cuts.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Don't Worry!

Your hero Geroge W. Bush is busily stocking his administration with his daddy's oil-industry buddies. I'm sure they'll spend plenty of money encouraging alternative energy research!

Don't worry, oil and gas will last forever! If it doesn't, nuclear energy is cheap and efficent! We can always store the waste in Abe Froman's basement, since it's so clean and safe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the problem with hydrogen

The problem with hydrogen isn't where to get it, the problem is, where to get it economically. It takes HUGE amounts of power to get the hydrogen tos eperate fromt eh oxygen in water to release the hydrogen. It takes a LOT more energy to create the hydrogen than is released by burning the hydrogen. NOT the way to go at all.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: This isn't the right answer

I may be very wrong here, but I always thought alcohol burned much hotter than gasoline - I just may be ignorant here...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: Flywheels act as gyroscopes...

So, you could have 2 flywheels counter-rotating. The bigger problem is, I would not want even a gallon of gasoline converted to kinetic energy in flywheels buzzing around between my legs. Flywheels are useful for regenerative braking, but totally impractical for storing any serious amount of energy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.