Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I just read a story on one of the recent Motorcycle shows in Europe in a print magazine. The organizers had allocated space for 200 exhibitors from China. Over 800 requests were received!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
For a weak translation of the Korean article...

That's how I spoke french my year in France in '75.

Anybody know how scooters do in the rain, in terms of protection from rain, spray and also in handling on wet streets? I like the idea of a scooter for riding in the wet, because they look easy to clean up after.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Chinese Manufacturers

I went to the U.S. Motorcycle industry show in Indianapolis last year for the first time and was blown away by the number of Chinese manufacturers at that show... and it wasn't near 200. The variety of bikes they had to show was mindblowing. They were mostly small displacement bikes and scooters, but some had some really creative motorcycles up to about 450 cc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Something like this Hyosung or a Honda Reflex, with a fairing and screen do about as well at weather protection as your average sport touring rig, perhaps a little better. As for wet weather handling - it's about the same as a motorcycle, but with better low speed handling and manuevering and a little easier to modulate the throttle for traction due to less power and a CVT (twist and go). Of course, you can't slipfeather the clutch with a CVT either, so....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.