Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
The bike is a full year away, it's NOT going to be a limited production model like the Paul Smart or MH... WTF would anybody put a deposit down 12 months early?

Then again, considering how long it's taken Ducati to ship parts for my Multistrada, any owner who hopes to buy accessories for their Hypermotard should probably get their order in now.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
All the components come from other models. The only thing that's new is body work and the speedo display. Bet these things come in at or under the price of the MultiStrada. Bet on $11,500 or so. Not more than $12,900.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Glad to see it come out but I sure won't put money down and wait. Too much else out there that can be had now. Can't fault them for trying to set the first production run a bit ahead of actual expenditures though.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: HyperMOtard Pre-parts orders.

Wait a minute, I thought Ducati was on the ropes and owes like a zillion dollars to various banks, and that some turban wearing oil magnate was going to buy 'em out and change the whole line to motorized rickshaws & hot dog carts.

As a life long Ducati hater I "relish" the thought. Get it? Hot Dogs? Relish? Hahahhah

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Tough crowd tonight.

...try the fish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
$12K?!?!

OK honestly your logic makes sense... but hot is hot and Ducati is out to make money. I swore I read somewhere $17K, I put my money that the first ones go for at least $17K (supply and demand) and then go down to a MSRP of +$15K.

--You heard it here first.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't get it.

Is there a Ducati dealer anywhere in the country that WOULDN'T accept a deposit on a 2007 Hypermotard?

Assuming that my postulation is correct, is it not shameless that MO is essentially advertising on behalf of Pro-Italia under the guise of news?

Please, MO, explain this seeming lack of journalistic ethics to me so that my faith in you can be restored.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: HyperMOtard Pre-parts orders.

Heck, being on the razors edge of financial ruin is how Italian companies do business.

Standard operating procedure.

btw, why don't you like Duc's? To me that's like saying your don't like sex?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.