Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I've had a good deal of fun on scenic roads on an Electra-Glide. The weight goes away when you're moving and it doesn't handle that bad. You may be charged extra if you grind the floor boards off. Your passenger will thank you for your choice. Just don't be surprised if you want to buy the bike later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have ridden alot of HD's and I would reccomend a Road King. I own a customized Dyna and just sold a Ducati 748S and if I was renting I would go for the RK. This might sound strange but the RK is actually a sport tourer. It is very comfy and can actually be ridden hard in the twistys, plus the saddle bags are great.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Get a Road King or E-Glide Classic for 2 up touring. If you get a Low Rider your chick will be flying home after the first day. If it's her first time out, you need a bike with some weather and wind protection, along with bags to carry lots of stuff. I own a Geezer Classic and rented a Road King for a trip for MO from Eaglerider. Nothing wrong with the Road King for sure, but I am partial to the Classic myself. Eaglerider is top notch in every way. Enjoy the trip!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Whichever one you rent, don't forget the trailer with the outrigger nets to scoop up the parts that fall off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
First, FU to all the paint shaker, parts falling off wannabees who have never been on a Harley or haven't apparently been near one that is less than 20 years old! Goldwing = souless motorcycle, great motorcycle, but souless and the new ones lack luggage capacity, and that my friends is a pity... I own an Electra Glide Sport (that has pulled a side hack for that last 40K miles for crying out loud, and yes, that is the goofiest name ever given a Harley) with 188,000 miles on the original lower end, no parts have ever fallen off and it doesn't leak oil, jerks. if you can't answer the damned question, don't post. Damn squids....done venting.....now, saying that, to answer the question....

If you are camping a Tour Glide or (my preference) an Electra Glide Classic. If you are hoteling or just a day trip, Road King as it is quite a bit lighter, and as a result handles, goes and stops better than the full zuit tourers....I am actually speaking from experience....unlike several poseurs, er, I mean posters above.....

BigJames

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.