Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Autobiographies tend to appeal to the more mature reader; and I suspect Hagman will sell nicely to a reasonably predictable demographic. I doubt his endeavor was inspired as much by the Muse as the financial reality that one needs an income - even in one's seventies. I have no recollection of his working recently. This is most certainly one guy who lived life as fast and hard as he could until his liver quit - he's damned lucky to see seventy.

As this book is to be a confessional of sorts, rife with sex/drugs/rock&roll, he'll realize a comfortable return. Trust that he couldn't care less what some mental adolescent thinks or feels compelled to vent. However, some of his contemporaries may be a little concerned... It matters not "who cares?" He will dare to pen his story; ergo, he cares... and that is sufficient justification. If one still feels compelled to compose flaming retorts, redirect that unstifled angst and insecurity into a constructive journey of self awareness - write your own autobiography... (assuming, of course, one has lived long enough to be of interest) and then we'll all see "who cares"...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I Dream of yankee bikes

You had me up until "jap" bikes..

to each his own, and enjoy the ride with the rubber side down, but, can't we refrain from using terms like "jap?" It's a japanese bike, or more specifically a honda of suzuki or kawasaki.. "clone" is dead on. I'm not too fond of the "wanna-be's" but they've got a right.. and probably a reason.. Remember this, infighting amongst the riders only makes cagers laugh at us harder, and go the extra mile to run us off the roads.

Peace and two wheeled travel.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Who gives flying "f" about his liver, his "trips", or his Harley (or any other bike). The only thing I want to know is how was to work with one of the most beautiful women of all time. Hell, she's still hot! I won't pay for his book, however. I'll wait untill it hits the library, read about Barbara Eden, and take it back. What fun THAT must've been! What a lucky dweeb....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Reminds me of that old commercial...

You know I do not ride harley's and when i get home after a days ride I have something to show for it.....a grin. Yeah my bike may not hold its value like a harley but what the hell does that have to do with anything.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Or maybe they are expressing their opinion....or maybe they are just tired of hearing about the HD and the culture it has pawn off on us...or maybe they are tired of being called a squid for what they ride....or maybe they are tired of having their rides bashed by the harley throngs. So perhaps their is more to it than just envy. Here in the LA basin the harley culture is out of control....it seems that so many people ride soley for the fact that they think it makes them cool(which is fine).....the Hollywood "Bad Boys" all have them.....and it does seem that this particular faction of the harley legions is more interested in posturing than riding...as evident by all the local hangouts that amass harley's at their doorstep

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Reminds me of that old commercial...

yeah like i said what the hell does resale have to do with it. I buy my bikes...and choose my bikes based on soley one criteria....whether or not it pumps my blood.

My investments on the other hand stock portfolio &etc i enlist my financial planners help. And it never feels good to get rid of a old bike even the junkers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re:

absolutely no resentment here. i agree cages and their bad habits are a actual real threat. As far as the harley motorcycle, sans the (recent) culture that has developed around it, i really do not think it is a bad motorcycle.

And no posing is not a crime there are plenty on both sides of the fence. I Have yet, and remember without doing a proper study on the subject, to encounter a harley rider who has not refer to my sportbike as such. May or may not be intentional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.