Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but it would feel like I was naked

Sorry, but it would feel like I was naked!! Did you leave the house with cloths on?? Well, how can you leave without a helmet. When you get to 80 MPH or 100 MPH how do you even see down the road? Or do you have a windshield?

·
Registered
911 Posts
He is one dumb SOB. By his account, we should wear our seat belts and helmets when we feel that we are going to get into an accident. The basement he mentions is his brain, I mean his sphincter... same thing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dear Mr. Roethlisberger,

Don't ride again. Please. On that subject, don't speak about riding again.

Here's a thought for an activity for you during the off season... learn to speak English.

Thank you,

Area Motorcyclist

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is a freakin' soap opera. Who cares about BR's personal life! I always ride with full kit on and I am the only person I have control over. If someone else chooses to engage in potentially self-destructive behavior that also happens to be legal, I'm certainly not going to get my panties in a wad if I happen to disagree with their decisions. Hell, most people in this country are as derisive towards motorcycles as most of us are towards helmetless horsemen.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
"I forgot". The all-purpose excuse.

"I forgot to pay my taxes."

"I'm sorry Your Honor, I forgot that armed robbery was against the law."

Sometimes I've decided not to wear a helmt, but I've never forgotten to wear a helmet... and neither has he. It's like going into combat and forgetting to bring ammunition. Nevah happen.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, he got a 25 on the wunderlic test, and the highest score you can get is a 50. Dan Marino got a 15, and moron level is around 13. So he's not a moron, but definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Still, he obviously has more money than sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_Test

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: "an entirely reasonable excuse"...

I mean c'mon now, we all forget sometimes....why last winter it was 40* and raining and I was riding along and I thought "dang it's wet out", turned out I forgot to put my coat on. Then this other time I had my feet back on the pegs and the bottom of my foot kept melting to the pipe and smelling like bacon....I thought "Oh silly me....I forgot my boots"....

Why I even forgot the speed limit is 60 in Washington and it wasn't till a nice State Patrol Trooper pointed out that I was going 90 that I realized..."well gosh darn it, but I forgot to look at the speedometer"!!!! The officer was so nice he wrote me out a little note with my speed and the posted speed on it to help me remember and it only cost $130.

All quite understandable, I mean who hasn't forgotten to wear their helmet or forgotten that cars sometimes don't stop for you

·
Registered
473 Posts
natural selection at work.

it's why there are so few quarterbacks in the world ... the dumb trait tends cull you from the gene pool. no doubt big ben's ancestors taunted saber-tooth cats.

·
Registered
540 Posts
People make a big deal out of me eating pasta with my fingers, but sometimes I use silverwear too. You can't label me as a finger using pasta eater!

Lord, give me the wisdom to at least take basic safety precautions if you decide to give me a multi-million dollar job. The job would be a good start.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
well maybe some good comes of it really. Ben is a "role model," if this keeps one kid from becoming a brain-addled ward of the state, it was actually worth it no?

How long u think it will take Pa. legislature to draft helmet law? probly already on the case I imagine. Another good thing.

Cue "there goes all our freedoms..."

(which is of course, the same old "slippery slope" argument. Having a seat belt law didn't turn cars into speed-governed bumper cars. Strict gun laws in certain states haven't turned them into places where only criminals have guns. Etc. Etc...)

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Still trumpeting the tired old 'we are all too stupid to take care of ourselves" argument eh JB? Oh, that's right, you still smoke. I guess you might be right in your case. Can't argue with stupidity. Oh, I forgot that you would rather have your kids smoke than ride without a helmet. Pure genius.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Like a largemouth bass going for a juicy nigthcrawler. Hello, I know smoking is bad for my health ok? And I am a horrid parent, I often abuse my child and other peoples too.

Smoking is good for me, the Surgeon General is a stooge of the govt. trying to take away my freedom. Today tobacco, tomorrow foodstuffs.

Do you know that riding a motorcycle without a helmet is bad for you? It is as plain as the nose on your face. But I don't think you know it.

I hope nobody turns left in front of you, MO will have lost a brilliant mind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.