Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post! Consider the Mean Streak. It's lighter than the classic, has better brakes and handles better too. The same can be said of the Warrior, but if you prefer team green, the Mean Streak is the way to go.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get a Dyna Glide Sport (FXDX), it's nippy and can be made a lot nippier rather inexpensively and it handles better than any other conventional Vtwin cruiser on the market.

Also did I mention that it's pretty cheap and has the best aftermarket and dealer support in the nation?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Get yousef one o' dem Dyna Convertables. Classy daddy-o. Classy.

And with all the talk of Harley tanking, you might jes' end up wif a classic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll have to agree. I just turned over 30,000kms on my '04 MeanStreak and love it. We do one or two long (5,000km) trips a year and I commute daily on it. It's strictly a one up ride though, I wouldn't torture anyone on the pillion, so if you are ever going to haul a passenger, keep looking or spring for a decent pillion for them. I just finished test riding all the adventure bikes and keep coming back to my meanstreak.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The new Yamaha Roadliner series looks like the right direction. According to your post your looking more along the lines of a "classic" or "standard" cruiser look. I don't have anything against the Kaw line. The "posi-neutral" feature is the best and the brakes are good. Power is not really a problem, but todays cruisers put more to the ground. So, with that I stick by my original suggestion. Go get a new Yamaha and call it a day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Marauder is now called the M50.

There is a review in a recent Rider magazine.

they seemed to like it.

It has the 805cc engine, which will give you better gas miliage than your other contenders.

I rode both the Mean Streak and the 1600 Classic at Americade last year and disliked the riding position of the Mean Streak.

Very much feet forward which will translate to a very sore back at our age.

I am the same height and weight and 52.

The 1600 Classic as much more comfortable if a bit heavy.

You should consider the Honda VTX1300.

I found that to be THE most comfortable of all the cruisers I have ridden.

As always take 'em for a test ride first.

Sitting on them in the showroom and taking them for a ride are two completly affairs.

I love the way the Mean Streak looks, I hated the way it rode!

I loved the ride on the Warrior, but she's gonna be a bit of a gas hog, with a very small tank. A lot of fun to ride though.

Take a ride on the Suzuki M50, and if you like it buy it! Handles well, a somewhat peppy engine, and plenty of aftermarket parts for it.

I think you'll like it.

I just picked up an 82 Wing for the wifey to feel comfy on.

I also have a 650 V-Strom, a VERY fun and versitile bike.

Good luck and let us know what you get!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You’re missing some new machinery

Do your self and America a favor.

Go take a look at the new Victory’s.

They will have something you’ll like, both in classis looks and new stiles.

I have about 2000 miles on a 2005 hammer;

V-Twin 100 in– 1634 cc

6 speed Trans.

Right side - belt drive

One of the most dependable

motors in the market

Power at or above almost

anything in the market,

lots more to tap reasonable.

And Looks that none can match.

Find your nearest Victory/Polaris Dealer and ask for a test ride, they love to do this.

You will be amazed.

Oh Yea, Victory is more American made than HD.

Brian Cox

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Me too!

ah, who knows? It's like GM 1958. Every few days it seems HD changes the name of some model that's been around for years. L

ike when they change all the food around in Ralphs supermarkets. "Hell, this is where the bread use to be?" Keeps you guessing...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Not to mention having to call everyone "Bro" and your wife "the old lady".

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is a review of the M50 right here on MO, too. It was just done during the summer, I think.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.