Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I rode to work the other day. Left in the AM, dry roads, 41 degrees. When I got out of work, it had snowed, melted on the roads, 34 degrees. Rode home (slowly and safely). Driveway was ice. Yikes!!! The Weather Channel totally got that one wrong (was supposed to be 41 all day long).
Don't even get me started on those weather gypsies. Over here on Tuesday and Wednesday there was a 40% chance of snow Tuesday night with 10% chance or rain on Wednesday morning.

What we got was 1.85 inches of freezing rain in a 36 hour period. Everything was covered in ice. This is the fifth time the weather tards have complete screwed it up since the week before Christmas.

Hell, with THAT type of track record I could be a meteorologist and just as accurate.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I ride in the winter. But my riding isn't in a downtown area, or suburban sprawl and I work from home so I don't commute. Just some nice country roads for me. I usually wait a day or two after snow or ice melts away and the salt gets pushed to the side.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I'm with you. The lousy winters in Utah pay for themselves up here by keeping all those left wing wackos who live and work in Oakland from moving here.
When it snows you can go skiing, snowboarding, or use a snowmobile. When it is really humid in Florida (which it is from February through November, and only mild relief in December and January) all you can do is sweat.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
From the Rounder's Website:

Feb 2007 - The roads were very icy and this is as far as I got (photo of bike in driveway) until it warmed above freezing and dried up a bit. I have no problem riding in the cold, but the conditions must be dry before venturing out into the below freezing weather. Riding in fresh snow is usually not a problem if one excercises due care, but I prefer using a smaller machine for those adventures.
Fantastic post, kenneth. Fantastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts