Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Head over to the Rounders web site and learn how to handle snow and ice. Seriously - we have guys up in Alaska and Canada who are still riding.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
"Seriously - we have guys up in Alaska and Canada who are still riding."

Fine, as long as they are riding in the middle of nowhere. John there lives in Cleveland. I said it before and it is worth repeating that anyone that rides on snow and ice in an urban area is a complete idiot. ShingleJohn, it is much better to be depressed than run over by a truck that can't stop. DO NOT listen to people that say it is safe. It isn't. Wait until the roads are dry and then ride. Don't be an idiot.
Oh for heaven's sake, LR. No one is suggesting that he take stupid risks. The guys (and women) who ride through the winter choose bikes (usually small dp bikes) and tires to handle the snow and ice. They also stud their tires, so they have decent grip. They choose their routes so they don't have to worry much about traffic. And I should add that several of the riders who live in the northeast and midwest -- not exactly out in the stick -- are still riding.

Just because wimps like you won't pull your head out of your burrow until summer doesn't mean that people can't ride safely on ice and snow if they know how to do it.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
My choice would be a Ural two-wheel drive, to be honest. I've always been fascinated by hacks!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
First, you are suggesting he take stupid risks by riding on snow and ice in an urban area. . . . .
You are too easy to bait. :D

LR, just because YOU don't want to do it doesn't mean that others are not willing AND ABLE to do it. If you don't want to, that's perfectly fine with me. But you can't win an argument by yelling louder, which is all you know how to do.

Wimp.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Sorry, but your stupid advice is just stupid advice. Calling me names doesn't change that fact.
Did you even check the Rounders site? I thought not.

Skepticism is ok, LR, but if you don't check things out to see how they are done, you're just speaking from ignorance. Similar to your ignorance about Iron Butt riding. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Believe me on this one, I don't need to check a stupid website to know what's up in Chicago when it comes to motorcycles and riding here. I've only been doing it for 40 years, so spare me the 'speaking from ignorance' bullshyt counselor.
Translation: I couldn't take going to the Rounders' website and find out she was right. :)

Look, if you don't want to ride in the snow, then don't. I'm not going to say that's a bad choice. But other choices are available, and some folks may want to try them.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You didn't look very hard. :)

2008 Studded Tire Thread - Rounders Bulletin Board
Baby It's Cold Outside - Rounders Bulletin Board
First snow ride - Rounders Bulletin Board
More snow - Rounders Bulletin Board
First Ride '09 - Rounders Bulletin Board

There are others.

No one is going to do something that isn't safe, given their skill and equipment. LR (typically) overreacted and I had some fun with him. The point remains, however, that if you want to ride in the winter and are going nuts without your two-wheel fix, snow and ice don't need to stop you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts