Motorcycle Forums banner

I have the 196th Victory ever made.

8K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Morbo the Destroyer 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a collector who will love this '99 Victory V-92 cruiser, with only 2,500 miles on it. It's the 196th motorcycle ever made by Victory, and has a numbered plate on the head set. Garaged it's whole life, runs and sounds like a dream. Asking $6,000 reduced from $8,000.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What will you do when the guy that owns #195 shows up, and boasts only 2400 miles on his?

#3 ·
A local dealer here offered a '99 V92C for $2500. I would have bought it except that I did a google search and found out a bunch of them have had transmission issues and parts are no longer available. Otherwise there'd be one in my garage right now. Instead I "settled" for an '06 Suzuki M50.

#5 ·
Nothing better to do

So, wtf, you have nothing better to do then knock this add. This bike was found on the east coast and passed on to me. If you blue book it it falls around 5k, with the number added it comes out to a grand of extra value.

When you find the 195th with 2400 miles you should email them with a stupid comment like, "what happens when someone comes along with....." you get the pic moron.

#8 · (Edited)
So, wtf, you have nothing better to do then knock this add. This bike was found on the east coast and passed on to me. If you blue book it it falls around 5k, with the number added it comes out to a grand of extra value.

When you find the 195th with 2400 miles you should email them with a stupid comment like, "what happens when someone comes along with....." you get the pic moron.
It amuses me. Your response amuses me further. I'll be sure to take that advice, when I find owner #195. You've certainly pyssed in the Wheaties of #197 - he's got 2800 miles.......

Have a Nice Day.

#10 ·
You guys just don't get it. This bike has historic value far beyond any inherent value of a 10 y/o cruiser. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor, to buy a legend, to grab a chunk of history and roll it into your garage! You could put your kids through college in 10 years if you sold it to a collector; assuming you could stand to part with it.

Now, who's interested in a 1968 Yamaha R5 B in restoration condition? This is a low-mileage creampuff that spent the last 40 years sitting in a barn covered in canvas and cosmoline. We all know how HOT the Japanese vintage market is. Am I offered $3,000? Anyone? $3,000 for the opening bid please.

#14 · (Edited)
silly bikers.

Hi donkies. This is Mark's old lady, it's actually my bike, I got it as a graduation gift from my dad. I thought about trading it in for a nice bike I could actually ride (it being a big 'ol hog), and becoming a total biker babe. But then I remembered that bikers aren't what they used to be. Now, anyone can ride a motorcycle. There are hardly any real outlaw bikers anymore, or, at least, they aren't hiding behind their computers. Instead you go to the occasional over-crowded rally, and the rest of the time you're a bunch of beer belly geeks typing away at the computer, with sissy bikes in the garage- the fancy bmw you got with your retirement fund, or the plastic rice burner that sounds like a chainsaw. Your attempts at an attitude in black and white are hardly persuading, it's okay, don't cry.
Now is there anyone bright enough to help me find a good place to advertise this motorcycle?

#21 ·
then I remembered that bikers aren't what they used to be. Now, anyone can ride a motorcycle. There are hardly any real outlaw bikers anymore, or, at least, they aren't hiding behind their computers. Instead you go to the occasional over-crowded rally, and the rest of the time you're a bunch of beer belly geeks typing away at the computer, with sissy bikes in the garage- the fancy bmw you got with your retirement fund, or the plastic rice burner that sounds like a chainsaw.
Ah, you certainly pegged everyone here......

#15 ·
Gee, I guess that DL1000 out in the parking lot that I thought I rode to work today is just a figment of my imagination...and the 13,000 miles I thought put on it this year.

Listen Old Lady, if don't have a sense of humor, f off. You're the one whining and crying on the site, when you should be happy at getting all these bumps on your post...assuming somebody's dumb enough to buy your bike because it has a "number" on it.

Next time,open your wallet (purse) and spend a few bucks at cycletrader.com. You badass "biker" you.

#19 ·
Where's YOUr sense of humor Morbo? I thought I was kinda clever. Cycle-trader, thanks.
Aha, you see, I was using my "Double Twist Night Shambalya Suprise Ending" sense of humor, which you obviously aren't cool enough to catch. Maybe next time.

Oh, and there are drugs to fix those kinds of hallucinations in your imagination...
Who said I want them fixed?

#20 ·
MTMasters (either one of you),

Cycletrader.com, craigslist, walnecks, eBay.

As you might have gathered,Victory bikes do not enjoy a huge fan base. I'm not sure if any of our august forum members own one, or even know someone that does.

And apparently, the early ones are less respected...

Good luck!

#25 ·
Yes. I shall NOT ride my bike tomorrow because I am a poseur of the grandest proportions. Never mind the almost 40,000 miles ridden over the past six years. Those were all a figment of my imagination.

(What a tweet!)

#26 ·
Yes. I shall NOT ride my bike tomorrow because I am a poseur of the grandest proportions. Never mind the almost 40,000 miles ridden over the past six years. Those were all a figment of my imagination.

(What a tweet!)
It's more about the "outlaw" part. REAL bikers ride 2500 miles in 13 years, and their mothers get passed arround at Pagan parades.

#27 ·
Weeeeell, you know, ya got yer reeal bikers, then ya got yer computer commandos...........

I guess since we're sitting here typing this **** instead of propping up a bar stool while I bikes sit out in the parking lot we know where we stand......

#30 ·
NO vehicle is really an "Investment"; but it's a pyss-poor one even if it's that exception to the rule. Those that paid $200,000 for a Hemi 'Cuda back in the '90s sure feel stupid if they bought it for more than the Love of the car - IF they can get more for it than they paid (hah-HAH!), that money would be worth WAY more if it had been put into a Mutual Fund instead - even with the Recession.

#33 ·
Not me - I don't think you can get your fingers close-enough together to accurately depict the length of mine.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.