Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, anyone who actually rode Blackwater is a flat out stud and can do no wrong in my eyes.

Second, go out and get yourself a sneaky leaker.

www.sneakyleaker.com

Next time a squid pisses you off, pull in front, serve him some lemonade, and remind yourself that its always better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
An excellent description of passive/aggressive behavior. It's kinda like turning your windshield washers on in front of someone who's tailgating you.

Or, the time I gave my then 3 year-old son a plate of uncovered Mexican food to enjoy in the back of her car when she came to pick him up late one time. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
this "wise old phart" editorial trend is rather alarming ... and this is coming from a wise old phart.

let's agree that metro wheelying squids and first-bike R1 pilots are a "bad thing." no one ever said natural selection was pretty. it's survival of the fittest, baby, and if you ain't smart enough, you don't get to reproduce.

no doubt young cavemen would taunt sabertooth cats, and old cavemen would shake their head in bewilderment when the youngster was transformed into a kitty snack. then the old caveman would scribble a "wise old phart" truism on the cave wall ....

·
Registered
771 Posts
I had a similar experience on the other side of the generalization spectrum. I used to ride with a group of Cruiser friends. The wobling, droping, and general lack of skill and control they demonstrated scared me away from riding with them anymore.

Plus, not to start the squid/GHPT arguement, the rides got shorter and shorter untill it was an excuse to bar hop.

I'm quite happy to ride by myself now.

P.S.

Stuntaz $uck donkey d!cks, IMHO

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
yO hOMIE! rIDE iT lIKE yOU sTOLE iT! wHEELIES aND sTOPPIES aND sHEETmY hOMZEZ hAS a bAD r1, bUT sOME bEE-iTCH N a bUICK cUT hIS a$$ oFF nOW hEEZ dEAD. oLD hOONAFECKERS sTICK tO vINTAGE aND sTAY aWAY fROM tHE bAD fLICKEN bIKES lIKE r1S gIXXERS aND zxzzs. fLICKEN eXTREME hOMIES bEEITCHES tYTTIES bURNOUTS wHEELIES tYTTIES bEEITCHES & mORE tYTYTESSSS.....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
As has been said more than a few times: youth is wasted on the young.

PJ O'Rourke: Age & Guile Beats Youth, Innocence and a Bad Haircut.

Don't sweat it...have fun...let Darwin do his brutal work...reread EBass post and have a good laugh at a squid's expense!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Again, hyper bikes are proving to be a fine adjunct to natural selection. If squids become an endangered species that means more air for the rest of us. I've go nothing against stunters, as long as they're professional about thier sport and don't endanger others. Stunt riding takes an amazing amount of skills, hopefully learned somewhere other than public streets.

Last week, I spent an hour at a major intersecton near Youngstown, Oh. It was a beautiful day, the bikes were out and, suprisingly, sportbikes were on par with the cruisers. Of the dozens of riders I saw, there was only one wearing a helmet. Though the curiser riders were older - and should have known better - the sportbike riders were to-a-man young and seemed to be not-too bright. While it was apparant that several of the bikes were crash-inspired repaints (primer, mismatched plastic, missing lowers and one case of really, really, bad orange) it didn't seem to occour to anyone that death might be stalking them. Kind'a got me thinking that death might actually be too proud; there should have been a blood bath, otherwise.

As for the comment that an old guy, like you, shouldn't ride an R1, the kids was right; an EX-500 should have been enough for you to dust him in the twisties.

BTW, it was nice to read that young girls still admire older guys, who actually know what they're doing. Good for you!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Why get in a wad about what they think?

The solution to your problem is contained in your story about the "posse".

Who cares what the terminally stupid think? Why should it bother you?

Either they will learn some restraint or they will die. The opinions of people who are too stupid to live are exactly worthless.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The older you get, the faster you were. Or something like that.

Good story.

Hey, a couple years back, when Reg Pridmore and Jason Pridmore offered 2-up rides at their respective schools. I learned a thing or two about smooth, precise... and fast riding.

I wasn't too proud to hitch a ride with Reg. Pretty cool passing other A-group riders while riding b*tch.

:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not just old guys. I am only 30 but ever since I started riding about 8 years ago I have always tried to ride safe. I actually went from a larger bike purchased out of inexperience to smaller more agile bikes. Now I am of the mindset that anything crazier than an SV-650 is too much bike for me. It could go fast enough to land me in jail or the morgue. I now ride a BMW 650 single with ABS as it is even more tame (and comfy) than my SV was.

In eight years I have never wrecked, never scared myself, never been out of control, and all my passengers have enjoyed their motorcycle time and a few of my friends took up motorcycling because of how much I enjoyed it, they don't ride crazy either.

I think it is more about having respect for the realities and dangers of riding. Those with limited brain power tend not to live in reality.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didn't start riding a motorcycle until I was over the age of 30. In retrospect, I'm really glad I was forced to wait; financially speaking. And speaking only for myself, it would probably have meant my maiming or death if I had gotten a motorcycle at the age of 25 or less. That was about the age I pretty much quit thinking with my...er well you could probably guess. The testosterone-fueled philosophy of life I used to have would have been my downfall for sure. Now that I am an "old fart", I truly enjoy my riding experiences for what they are instead of them becoming an extension of my former way of thinking. But the old saying, "you can't be old and wise unless you are first young and stupid" is true to a point. I'm just glad I wasn't young and stupid with a motorcycle at my disposal. Just an old fart's opinion.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Re: Why get in a wad about what they think?

I've been hoping that things like GSX-R1000s might make-up for not needing a license to reproduce. Sure, insurance rates may go up, but sometimes you have to pay a price for a better world. Just think about it; if enough young dumb-guys keep killing themselves off, maybe some of us old guys will be more marketable to the younger ladies.

The way I figure, if squids are anything in bed like they are in the saddle, what good can they possibly be? After all, if all you can do is be quick and stop...

:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
In Hawaii...last month

this rider either pulling a wheelie or hitting the accelerator too hard (depends on who you ask) dumped this girl off of the back of his bike on the freeway...resulting in major road rash and a broken leg for her...he supposedly stopped to check if she was alive and then he booked it. what a dipstick.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.