Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Idiot for a brother. I let him take my bike to work bc I need his truck for the day. well he left the key in the ignition and left the bike on which of course drained the battery. Well like a fricken idiot insted off calling me he desided he wanted to jump start it with a car. I bought the bike off of a friend and it has a stabilizer on it. I need to know how to take it off so I can get the gas tank off to see what the hell is wrong with it. I realy dont want to take it into this guy's shop bc i cant afford it, but i just need someone to help me.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Did he jump the bike with the car running?

If so, the Reg./Rect. is blown, if you're lucky.

If he "jumped it" by reversing the polarity - could be just the battery (IF you're lucky!) or ECU/Ign. box (I'm assuming the bike is EFI?).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Airhawk may be correct about the regulator/rectifier. You don't mention what bike you have. Don't know if you can post a photo here, but that would help, you should be able to unbolt it, but a phoot would help. Try your bike's owner's group, which probably has much more expertise in the subject.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I'm sure somebody can enlighten me on what the "stabilizer" the poster is referring to. Aside from a fuel treatment, I don't think I've ever heard that phrase in regard to a motorbike.
I'm thinkin' he means "Steering Damper".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.