Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is strange. Everything was working fine. I washed my 1995 Honda Magna, dried it off and tried to start it, but nothing happened. The lights came on for just a second and then everything went dead. I thought for sure it was a fuse, so I pulled every fuse, including the master fuse, tested them with an ohm meter and they were all fine. I pulled the ignition switch and tested it with an ohm meter and it was OK. The battery tested OK too.

Turning the ignition key to the ON position does absolutely nothing. No lights come on at all, it is completely dead. Like it is a fuse, switch or battery, but they all test OK.

Can anyone suggest something else that I can check?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked to make sure I have battery power going to the switch, and it seems fine. I was wondering if this problem could be caused by the Starter Magnetic Switch? I'm not sure what it does, but since the main fuse appears to be plugged into this switch, I thought this may be the culprit. I'm not sure how to test the starter magnetic switch. Can anyone provide advice on this? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to find a schematic online?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved

It seemed strange that everything went dead, but all the most likely components tested OK, or so I thought. It turned out to be a combination of a bad battery and bad battery charger. What made it even harder to figure out was that the battery was putting out 11.7 volts, which was enough to light up my test light, but not enough volts to light up any of lights on the bike.:confused:

Replaced the battery and my battery charger, and I'm back on the road.

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions.:cool:
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top