Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm back in balmy Chicago after soaking in alcohol in Daytona for the week. Hey Ken, sorry I couldn't get together with you down there. Had to get back before the race, but next year watch out! Lots of fun and madness in Daytona this year. Weather was perfect and I get home to 12 degrees and snow! At least you clowns carried the tradition here while I was away. :-D

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Well, I'm back in balmy Chicago after soaking in alcohol in Daytona for the week. Hey Ken, sorry I couldn't get together with you down there. Had to get back before the race, but next year watch out! Lots of fun and madness in Daytona this year. Weather was perfect and I get home to 12 degrees and snow! At least you clowns carried the tradition here while I was away. :-D
You doin' a trailer review or something?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
You were Gone?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Glad you had fun! Kirk and I showed up Wednesday night. Thursday was great, but the weather went in the crapper Friday. We still had fun; I got a new helmet from Nolan, Kirk got some interviews with the racers, and we both got a lot of seat time. I admire Kirk, he rode in and out of ATL in 30-40 degree weather! Not me, pal!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I watched the 200 on saturday then went over to my sweeties for the rest of the weekend on my Bandito, I finally got tags for it. Her kids were at their dads for the weekend so we went out for filet mignons at Outback and pretty much layed around the rest of the time

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Everyone's a comedian.

This is a forum; there is no place for humor on a serious motorcycle forum.
Well, there you go with an Assumption that this is a "serious motorcycle forum".

And we all know when you make an Assumption; you make an ASS of U and UMPTION................... :cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Daytona was interesting this year. I enjoyed touring the vendor areas. Unfortunately it wasn't much of a money maker- even though I was applying flank speed levels of uncoolness, the vendors didn't bribe me to go away.

I could walk into a vendor area, wearing my signature long sleeve shirt, my dress slacks and my dress shoes, and no one offered up any BRIBES? What does a buttondown dork gotta do these days? I should have made the vendors from, say, S&S start tossing coins at me. They didn't even suggest (as they shooed me out the back flap of their tent) that I might be more comfortable (ahem) in the Honda tent. How many 8k engines did they sell with me in the damn tent? I would say NONE.

Honda's tent was carpeted, at least.

Anyway, I really did enjoy ogling the bobbers. I have bobber envy.

The best view of the vendor area must have been from the top of a light pole. I saw an osprey land up there, a fish in it's talons. The osprey then commenced to watch the action and drop fish parts down on the expensive custom bikes below.

If you found a fish head on your shovelhead you now know why...

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Well, there you go with an Assumption that this is a "serious motorcycle forum".

And we all know when you make an Assumption; you make an ASS of U and UMPTION................... :cool:
HOW DAR YOU RIB ME MILDLY! I am offended, shocked, hurt, mildly depressed, emotional scarred, and sexually dysfunctional.

And it is all YOUR fault Airhawk! You hear me?! I've got E.D. because of you!

Now I need to go out and buy a really big, super fast bike to prove myself social superior!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I want to thank Kenneth and his mom, Helen, for the hospitality while in Florida. I left ATL at almost 11am on Wednesday and made it to the track by 6:45pm. Unfortunately, the Creds office was already closed so I headed south to Cocoa to spend the night in a house that was very old, yet very cool. I got to the house before Ken got in. Helen was very cool and invited me right in. After settling in, sitting and talking I can tell you the following: Helen is a certified MENSA member (at least that's what it looked like from the things hanging on the wall of the office) that reads many books (no tv there) and listens to Pink Floyd and Dire Straits among other fine musical treats. They were both great hosts. All didn't go as planned, however. My creds were simple infield passes and because I was the new guy (equipped w camera) I simply didn't accomplish what I set out to do. I got some things done on Thursday but Friday was a wash because the weather was crap and the riders had an off day since the Supersport and Superstock races ran on Thursday afternoon. So, Friday was wasted by bad luck and bad weather. By nighfall I was ready to call it a trip. I did not stay and watch the 200 because I felt that outside of seeing the race (which I really wanted to do) the postrace interviews would have been shot down because the guys I wanted to talk to didn't want to talk to the rookie reporter. At least that's what I seemed like to me on Thursday.
We (Ken and I) managed to go to Destination (Thursday) to look around before the rain came. Then promptly rode 50 miles back to Cocoa in the downfall. Steaks were the upside to that day.
Anyway, Thanks to Ken and Helen for the place to sleep. Good to meet them both. Maybe next time I will accomplish more and the weather will be less monsoon like during the future stay.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.