Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool, 1st post. I'm really waiting for the naked/standard 1400.

Comfortable riding position and the low end torque that only a 1400 can provide, with the added bonus of a nice top end hit. Who needs V-twins.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I spoke with my Kawasaki DLR yesterday about the date my 14 will arrive. He called Kawasaki to discuss as it was expected in March and then pushed back. He was informed that the 14 is not ready. While they did not expand on that statment, they did report the release date had been pushed back a month or more from yesterday. He attempted to tell me that they mighthave encountered an issue during testing that has pushed back the date. I question this as no one has reported problems with the testers in Las Vagas. I wonder if it has something to do with the rumor going around about Suzuki and the 1500 I-6 Busa. If so, Kawasaki might be waiting to hear about it so if needed they can make improvements with the 14 prior to its release. - Just food for thought...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Because no Vtwin will give you 110 ft-lbs and 160 rwhp in a reliable, streetable package, unless you are getting a 120" Merch, which is prolly 15 grand by itself.

the 14 is probably making as much torque at 4000 rpm as any 1000cc sporting twin is at peak

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"Clerks" - eeexxxccceellleeennnttt, Smithers!

"Chasing Amy"- ok, but not my cuppa

"MallRats" - getting closer

"Dogma" - the best

"Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" - well, we though it was

funny.

Funniest thing I've ever heard: Kevin Smith telling about working with Jon Peters on a Superman script, complete with Giant Spider.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.