Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
2002 VFR

I'm happy for the VFR fellows on finally getting factory luggage. Judging from how many say the VFR would be the premier "sport" sport tourer if it only had hard bags, I think a shakeup in the market will occur. Good for Honda for giving what the consumers asked for...even if it did take them a while. =)

Foxy

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah but the real story is the performance of the VFR. No HP gains + the new one will weigh 6 more pounds. All the new VFR is some new plastic and a whole bunch of options.

Hardbags/Topcase/grip warmers/ABS and still the sh1tty LBS and the excessive weight. BTW, the cans are nasty.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nothing here really excites me. The VFR is probably the biggest news here though. My comments are (on the VFR):

Good: HARD BAGS AVAILABLE!

Good: Nice rear end design with unique exhaust.

Bad: Front end looks like the Helix scooter.

Bad: No significant power increase.

Bad: Weight Increase

I am really waiting to see if Kawasaki is going to bring the ZZ1200 here. Looks like Yamaha is going to screw up by NOT bringing the FJ1300 over. That will help VFR sales. (especially with the new hard bag option). That is the most interesting bike this year that I know of. There is also roumors of a trellis framed standard coming from Kawasaki and Suzuki this year. Is anyboby aware of the validity of these roumors???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Images of 2002 VFR

I actually like the yellow better than the red.

Red has been overdone IMHO.

Still I'd take a silver over either one of those colors.

I also like the dark green ST1100 replacement.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My sentiments exactly, boxjoint. The VFR's development has always been a battle between those who wanted a sporty tourer and those who wanted a comfy sports bike. All I wanted was a bit more power and a bit less weight, the kind of development Honda's continued to do with the Blade over the years. But it seems that Honda listened to all the whiners whinge about how they wanted hard bags and didn't like the sound of the cam-gear drive, wanted higher bars, etc. No doubt ultimately Honda sees more green in the tourer market. So the VFR is on its way to becoming a mini goldwing. But who wants a tourer that puts out so little torque and HP? If I was into that scene, I'd go for the new ST.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.