Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhhh, yeah. Feel free to use the back brake exclusively...

But seriously, pretty interesting.

First!

·
Registered
207 Posts
interesting concept, but i'm skeptical that the ordinary citizen would be able to handle (or have time for) the added physics lessons. imagine the amount of time it would take the average would-be driver to get the necessary motorcycle, automobile, helicopter and airplane licensing/training needed to pilot one of these things.

i would see mandated public transportation catching on before this type of personal transport. YMMV.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow, they've just started building their first commercial prototype to prove the technologies. Where's my checkbook?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
"After a brief hold at the taxiway, you roll onto runway 27 and head skyward. Within minutes, you're at altitude, clear skies, stereo on, a grin from ear to ear. As you approach the metro center, your music stops and ATC advises you to enter a holding pattern 12 miles to the NW. You join a line of 2,745 "PALs" flying in circles, awaiting their chance to enter the metro airspace and land. Suddenly, in your rear view mirror, you notice your "PAL" behind you is bent over, head just below the dash, apparently reaching for his dropped Eggamuffin. Before you can react, he's crashed into your rear, and you both spiral downward, streaming smoke and debris. Above you, the remaining 2,743 "PALs" breathe a sigh of relief, knowing their hold time has been reduced to only 2 hours and 18 minutes." If only gravity hadn't overcome his back brake...

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
There are so many inaccuracies and misleading statements on that website that I don't know where to begin.

I thought you worked in the aviation industry. I advise you to invest every dime you have into this project.

·
Registered
207 Posts
pal-v born obsolete

if the PAL-V inventors had done their research, they would have seen that erik buell was already one step ahead of them...

what can't that man do with a motorcycle swing arm?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
100% vapourware.

The machine has not even made it completely through the "drawing board phase".

As an avid-reader of Popular Mechanics magazine whilst growing-up; I have seen no less than a dozen near-identical concepts grace the cover of that esteemed birdcage-liner.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: pal-v born obsolete

You absolutely KILL me!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Don't you realize that most private-plane crashes are from left-turning 767s in front of the Innocent Pilot? And all one of those commercial pilots has to do to get out of a ticket is claim "My Radar didn't register him!"

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Nobody in the US will buy that thing unless they ditch that Jap engine and add an American-made narrow-angle V-twin, some ape-hangers with tassels and skulls on the handgrips, forward controls, leather saddlebags with fringe and conchas, and chrome the whole damn thing.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Oh Great.

All we need is for ANY one to be able to fly ANY time. Imagine all the crap falling out of the sky on a regular basis... cigarette butts, empty Big Mac containers, condom wrappers..... in L.A., exended 9mm brass....

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It is absolutely amazing - while looking for the Ozzy vid, I discovered that socko is (was!) a member of another online-community. Only, he went by the name "TraitorBasher" on the JREF boards. Just read through a little bit of this (5-6 pages should convince) - does this not absolutely reek of socko's lopsided logic and irrational thought-processes? Or is it that EVERY psychopath out there is exactly the same?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Ah, the flying car... a hardy perennial entering its 70th year of (non-)existence...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.