Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's too bad Edwards won't be going GP racing. As many bikes as Honda is planning to distribute next year, you'd think they'd put him on one. It's hard for me to decide who to root for. I like both Edwards and Bayliss. If Haga was further up in the points I'd be pulling for him. I usually go for the underdog in situations like this, but who is the underdog? Bayliss has his list of wins, but Edwards is on a roll. I guess I feel like Bayliss is going to be under the most pressure but, if he wins it will seem like Edwards almost made a comeback. Should be a good race no matter who you pull for.

By the way, let's say there are two guys running 1st and 2nd down the last staight-away and one of them crashes. However, both the man and the bike keep going forward with the crashed bike taking "1st" place the non-crashed rider taking "2nd" and the crashed rider himself taking third spot. Who is the winner of that race?

Also, let's say Bayliss and Edwards both crash in the same area. They get dissoriented and take off with Bayliss on the Honda and Edwards on the Ducati. What would happen, rules/points/contract wise?

·
Registered
216 Posts
What if they both crash and two crazy monkees from the stands jump down and get on the motorcycles. Bayliss' bike crosses the finish line first, but edwards is the first to go chasing after the monkees. Who wins? (assuming we are not talking about that goofy 60's band, in which case they're all loosers)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think neither. I'm pretty sure the only way Edwards would win is if the monkey didn't act as an aerodynamic aid to the bike. Bayliss would win if his monkey ate three lotus blossoms under a 3/23rd moon when the tide is just oh so right. It helps when there is a THIRD CIA operative monkey.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Team Orders

There are a lot of ducati's and one honda. Do you think Hodgson will/should let Troy go by? What if Xaus actually keeps it on 2 wheels and is in the position to finish like he did last year? He is going to Aprilia next year, he could take out any one of the two. Do you think Ben will help out is country man or his soon to be ex-team mate? Do you think the monkeys will attack? (I know they have a plan).

I am so glad I got Sunday off from work and premission from the wife (not that I needed it, really) to watch the races--Go Colin!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hate this I am very torn. If you would have asked me last month I would have said go Troy but with the new light of Colin taking it between the cheaks on the GP pick, I would like to see him win. So I say go Colin! no wait Go Troy! no...well, either way it is going to be sweet.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I am with you here. I bleed Ducati red, but I am kinda leanin to Colin -- in part to how he seems to have been screwed by Honda (the irony of him winning the #1 plate for Honda, then riding with that #1 plate on his Ducati next year kinda appeals to the perverse part of my nature). I also think he has really earned it -- he never gave up, even when it looked like a hopeless cause, and it now appears as if I have underrated his riding talent all along.

From recent interviews, it looks like the Ducati ride is not 100% set -- I keep hoping that maybe he might pick up the Yamaha GP ride that they were gonna give to Nicky -- that'd be a finger in Honda's eye!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Team Orders

Hopefully Troy and Colin will battle it out in front on their own, and may the best man win. Colin is the only Honda- and has done the business against the Ducati army (except Bayliss) all year.

I reckon they shouldnt interfere with Edwards, but should let Bayliss through - no last race do-or-die stupidity should decide the championship, either way!

Cheers,

PS - here in OZ I occasionally get verballed by Doctors and Nurses about being a "temporary Australian" and sometimes told I should be legislated off the road because of the 'cost to taxpayers'. I dont care who they are, I then engage them in a discussion about the philosophy of risk and what risks they take in their lives and how they justify where they draw the line on acceptable risk. If they are obnoxious I simply ask why we shouldnt legislate that all people in cars should wear helmets, race suits and full harnesses, no stereo's allowed, speed limiters to the max speed limit etc etc............. it would all save lives and 'taxpayers money'.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Team Orders

Yeah, when my pastime MAY hurt me or MAY cause my death, but smoking WILL kill them or destroy their quality of life - I see this all the time, working with the terminally ill all the time........

Hey, did you see the WSB races? We got what we wanted, sort of (what if no red flag????) but both were massively entertaining - cant wait to watch them again. Just love what Troy was doing to try and make up the difference in grunt to the Honda!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.