Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yikes LOL Man I thought I-405 near the Evergreen floating bridge 520 was bad. I love how the bikes used the bus to get behind.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Travel the world and you soon find out how orderly and safe American roads are. I can't make out where this is and the frame rate is speeded up so it isn't a true picture but the overall effect is what I've seen in many places. If you study this closely you will see that most of these people are yeilding. They don't stop but do allow the others to butt in. The effect is that momentum is maintained. Nobody is going very fast but it's steady. In the US any one of the hudreds of little butt in transactions would have brought the entire intersection into gridlock. Someone run over or a angry driver stopped, waving hands and flipping birds.

There is merging and then there is being allowed to merge. The nobody is getting in front of me imperitive here in the US demands the stop sign and the stop light, and total standstill a huge portion of the time in urban driving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks good to me. It seems to work.

Pretty much guarateed that only competent drivers will even be on the road.

This would be a great way to reduce congestion and put people on to public transport.

I'd say an easy 50% of the people that drive today, would be too ***** scared to drive in that kind of traffic.

Death to traffic lights!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Once, when I was in Houstan, I saw a guy turn off the frontage road on my side, cross the drainage ditch, cross four lanes of traffic going in my direction, cross the median, four lanes going the other way, the ditch on the other side, and turn onto the frontage road on the other. side. I could only tip my hat to anyone with the juevos to even contemplate that. I think he was looking for an adult bood store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.