Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Motorcycle Daily:

Apparently, there are actual bikes in actual Dealerships.

If you squint, you might not see all the Harley parts...

'Starting at $30,999.'

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Actually the old 1500 Drifter looked a lot more like a classic Indian. Although I'd hope to see this company survive it's gonna be a tough sell. You'd have a hard time finding a worse time to offer an extremely expensive V-twin cruiser. If the upper class buyers go for them then that might work. The home credit line market is pretty much t1ts-up which leaves out the middle-class buyers.

Since this bike looks exactly like the recently defunct models one has to hope that they improved the reliability drastically.

· Registered
11,482 Posts
It's too raked-out, and the rear fender looks too "mashed" in.

It sucks.

· Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Actually the old 1500 Drifter looked a lot more like a classic Indian. Although I'd hope to see this company survive it's gonna be a tough sell. You'd have a hard time finding a worse time to offer an extremely expensive V-twin cruiser. If the upper class buyers go for them then that might work. The home credit line market is pretty much t1ts-up which leaves out the middle-class buyers.

Since this bike looks exactly like the recently defunct models one has to hope that they improved the reliability drastically.
I really liked the Drifters. It would be nice to see Kawasaki bring them back at some point.

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Words fail me, at least that Victory Vision is looking better and better

.......+1 on the Drifter, a pretty nice looking bike. One of the few cruisers the Japanese have actually done right IMO

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Not to mention the greatest teevee ad campaign for a bike in history: the Drifter rider dropping the farmer's daughter off at dawn as her Dad runs out to reclaim her honor. "You boink the nicest people on a Drifter!"
That was a rare good one, most Kawi ads are real steamers.

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Actually I think the lack of chrome and better use of black paint gave the old Drifter a better classic look.
I was referring to this bike. The Drifter was a cheap plastic copy, but a "good" cheap plastic copy. This bike is a parody, not a copy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.