Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to Miguel on the second race?

(First post.)

This will be the disappointing season where the growing pains of the Superbike class will be felt most acutely. That is, technological advantages rather than outright rider skill will determine the Champion.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Who would have figure the zooks would dominate this much the first year out. The factory really wanted this bad, as they have pushed the envelope on a basically "stock" bike.

And someone smack the MOrons at Kawasaki; fer christ sake get Eric a competitive bike allready. You guys are hangin him out to dry, he is wrung everything possible out of it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hmmm... yet Mladin won when he rode a 750 against the twins, and now does it on a less modified 1000cc.

He and EBoz were the only consistent 4-cyl guys beating the twin army.

I kinda get your point, but still..

methinks rider talent is still leading the way.

·
Registered
179 Posts
gee, I sure hope the RC's figure out a way to grab a few HP out of their old motor and tweak the suspension... cause, if not... it's gonna be a long, long season of watching the GSXR's tail lights.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Eric, Eric, Eric!

Ok, the way I see it, there's only three things that could be goin on in Eboz's head right now.

Either he knows somethin that we don't about Kwakisaki bustin out a serious literbike entry next season, he's waiting for somebody to offer him another ride, or he's just an insanely competitive, talented rider and wants to keep riding a disadvantaged bike for the challenge of it.

I'm hoping it's the latter of the three, but I kinda doubt it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: The difference between WSB and AMA:

Not exactly what I was hoping for this season. Hopefully Yamaha, Ducati, and maybe Aprilia can step it up in the GP world.

I doubt it this season, but I do have hope.

It is really boring racing when its the same bike/rider all the time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dammit Jim, it's Sears Point!

By referring to it as "Infineon" you just enourage that crap. Let potential sponsors know that money spent for naming rights is money down the crapper. If they wanna put up signs or become the official--er, whatever an "Infineon" is--of the track, let 'em. But the name of the place is Sears Point.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: The difference between WSB and AMA:

And one Brand on both fronts. Not so much AMA, but still.

Neither AMA or WSB rules are very good. I would have rather seen the twins get some more weight rather than add the 1000's to the mix.

The dominace of the GSXR's is proof that the rules aren't close. Of course I thought the first years of WSB were awsome. RC30 vs Bimota, and later OWO1's were some awsome years for WSB racing.

I also really like watching the SuperPole. that is some good stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wot?

The best riders usually get the best rides. (The only major exception to this observation would be Eric Bos.) I believe these results are more an indication of the imminent demise of the v-twin superbike. The lads at the Smithsonian are probably clearing a space as I type. :)

Besides, I like to read about/see the newest, trickest gear the teams can come up with just as much as I like to watch good riding skills in action. After all, how many of us would pay to see Rossi riding around on a Schwinn?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Dammit Jim, it's Sears Point!

You can call it what you like, but the name of the racetrack is Infineon. If you don't like it, go invest millions in the place and change the name back. Anybody still calling Mohommed Ali by the name of Cassius Clay? Times change and so do names.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: Eric, Eric, Eric!

Or they have a photo of him with a bottle of Jack D. and that sheep. ;-)

Seriously though.... maybe they're paying him really large sums of $$$$. Maybe he has a contract on which to make good.

Either way, I can't wait until he's nabs a really good ride.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.