Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Geez, I had a similar experience a few years ago. More injuries on me than the bike. What the insurance agent said is valid in most states (I was an Agent with GEICO, yes they do have agents, for about 10 years). Hopefully some witnesses hung around to say what happened, that saved my a$$, financially that is. Your collision coverage may (or may not) have a lower deductible than your Uninsured Idiot coverage. Probably will be able to pay more as well (most folks are woefully underinsured in UM Property Damage). If they use collision instead of UM, no worries, same thing as far as the underwriters/actuaries are concerned. Good luck, and if the insurance company starts to jerk you around, don't forget that you have some sort of Insurance Commissioner. They can get insuracne companies to act right, in most states anyway. Also, if the accident report states that witnesses said you were not at fault it should not affect your premiums at all, so replace the bike with what you want and don't worry about it! Above all, ask your agent and the claims folks all the questions you want, that is what they are paid for!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.