Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Not that it's much help to you, but I had a similar situation this summer, I wound up getting knocked off and tumbling down I-5 in an accident caused by an uninsured kid, driving on a suspended license. My Trophy was totaled but I was very fortunate and I was geared up. I got off with a sprained back, elbow the size of a grapefruit and bruising on my shoulder and hand from bouncing/sliding down the road.

State Farm, my insurer initially low-balled the bike based on mileage, however after I did some research as to trade-in and retail values, pointed out that I had reciepts for the new chain and sprockets, tires. That the bike had a factory trunk and Corbin leather seat, bar risers and was in showroom condition despite the miles we were able to reach a fair market price for the bike. This of course wasn't the price I paid for it, but was the realistic price I would expect to sell it for. They also covered all my medical bills for the emergancy room, x-rays, ambulance ride etc. and even refunded my $500. deductable because it was an un-insured motorist.

All in all a very favorable outcome considering. My advice would be to get some good figures on what the bike is worth on the market, any costs you incurred for medical or towing and be calm and patient. Get your facts straight and write down the names and titles of anyone you talk to, be polite and firm without being obstinant and just work your way through it. In the end it'll work in your favor. The biggest thing is that your alive and up walking around, it could have been a lot worse.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.