Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow nice really nice ... Thanks.. You are right the video is great makes me want to get on my Ninja.. Too bad it's still in the shop..

Thanks MO

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
A few things:

1. It's amazing the lengths that BMW goes to make its bikes so ugly. You've almost got to admire them.

2. The exhausts on the KTM (come on, you know which one) look like they were taken staight off of a Peterbilt. If that's what it takes to gain a few horsepower, call me Mr. Underpowered.

3. Please do not let the Chinese manufacturers anywhere near the BMW and KTM booths lest they get any bright ideas. Their stuff is aesthecally dubious enough.

4. That is not a Suzuki MotoGP bike.

5. The new R1 looks better than the new GSX-R 1000, but neither looks as good as the "old" models. I'm sure they will both kick much ass, though (as if they didn't before).

Disclaimer: I'm sure these are all wonderful bikes, but if we didn't ***** about something, this wouldn't be MO.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Aesthetically, dammit!

A good craftsman never blames his tools.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"It's amazing the lengths that BMW goes to make its bikes so ugly. "

The cars now, too. BMW's attitude is soooo German - "You vill like zis, ja, because it is correct to."

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice, well worth 99.5 cents. Heck, you can find that much just lying around the grocery store parking lot some days.

Now my question. Has anyone ever tried to develop a motorcycle that can fly with light glider wings attached, perhaps even cantilevered out from the riders shoulders?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Believe it or not, it was done back in the 70s. A couple of guys strapped a Rogallo-wing hang glider to a CR250 and launched it off a ramp. The last I heard, they were going to find a way to power it and circle Evel's Snake River Canyon jump.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Some of their bikes look Great compared to the cars. What happened? They used to have some of the best looking cars on the road. "Progress" isn't Always a good thing.

Re: Intermot 2006, I'll take one of each. I can start taking deliveries Tuesday.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can believe it. It seems to make more sense than flying cars which have been in existence since the 40s or 50s. Theres a new flying car I read about somewhere recently.

A motorcycles obviously lighter and capable of quicker acceleration, resulting in less lift required and shorter takeoffs and landings.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I do give them credit for being distinctive. And to be fair, not every styling element is unattractive. But the sum of the parts leaves a bit to be desired.

I'm usually a function over form type of guy. But there is a balance. The KTM seems to have crossed over the line by a few yards.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I thought you said the damage wasn't that extensive? Dude, that thing's been in the shop for like a month!

I'd not go back, if I had a shop that was as slow as this one.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.