Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Mike Hailwood? Why, I thought that Matt Mladin was the greatest all time motorcyclist!

The Isle of Man issues a Mike Hailwood stamp.

The USPS gives us boring Harleys and..... Distinguished American Diplomats! Yes! Household names for sure. Hiram Bingham IV! Frances E. Willis! Giants of history whose names will live forever!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
From the USPS website: "Since the posthumous discovery of his humanitarian activities during the 1980s and 1990s, Bingham has been recognized by the United Nations(!!!!), and in June 2002 he was honored by the American Foreign Service Association(!!!!) with a special award for 'constructive dissent.' "

Can't beat that, Bro!

Except maybe the guy that solved the "type of table" debate that torpedoed the US-NVA peace talks for so long.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If they want to greatest mo'sikkle racer of all time they need Barry Sheene and his Suzuki,

not one of them poop-barge ME109's either, A real deal 500 two stroke.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
They are waiting for the 45th anniversary of Suzuki's Import Charter. Should be a real swingin' gig. Olivia Newton-John and the BeeGees are going to perform I hear.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Nah, Barely Manenough is on the bill for that gig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.