Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I thought this was supposed to be the News section, where MOrons could post motorcycle-related news stories, rumors, or questions. That retarded "GPTB" in the headline makes this a bullshyt editorial by our resident imbecile. I'm disappointed that the staff lets kpaul use this section for masturbating with his chew-toys.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I noticed that the number of "elderly" (hah!) fatalities were said to peak with 50-60 year old riders.

I turn 70 this year, so it is good to see I'm past the hump.

It looks like I'd have to worry if I were 20 years younger!

Or maybe I'd best not take I-80 when I go east, this summer. I've already learned I'd best not take US 52 between Sabula, IA and Savanna, IL (two miles of steel grate, with narrow lanes and 1 foot guard rails). Come to think of it, though, maybe GPTB's should be required to take that bridge west bound; they might well die of heart attacks or get run over by traffic before they get over to Iowa.

·
Registered
156 Posts
retarded "GPTB"?? Those youngsters look almost the same to us riders with greater maturity, as a pure squid like schizuki.

No I don't happen to run a Big 4 rice rocket, my Ducati suits me fine, thank you.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Rule #6 Don't take things to seriously. Actually, GPTB is the demographic the article is referring to. So I don't know what you are all steamed up.. Are you jealous that GPTB is being used not just on this site but others?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I have no idea what this comment is supposed to mean. The words are English but the composition is free-form jazz. I'll take a stab at parsing it, though-

"retarded "GPTB"??

I think you're mistaking my contempt for kpaul's ridiculous categorization of middle-aged riders (of which he, ironically, is one) as the "GPTB" for an actual contempt of middle-aged riders on my part. That is incorrect. Unlike kpaul, I do not hold middle-aged riders in contempt. I'm in the first years of middle-age, in fact.

"Those youngsters look almost the same to us riders with greater maturity, as a pure squid like schizuki."

Upon what do you base your categorization of me as a squid? I'm forty years old, been riding for twenty years, have never crashed, never popped a wheelie and have gone over 100 mph exactly twice. I ride "The Pace" and have never been pulled over. That's a squid?

"No I don't happen to run a Big 4 rice rocket"

Me, either.

"my Ducati suits me fine, thank you."

You make up for your difficulty in communication with excellent taste in motorcycles.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Rule #6 Don't take things to seriously."

Actually, Rule #6 is "A$$holes who say a$$hole things and then say "Hey, man, I'm just kidding, don't take it so seriously" are the biggest a$$holes of all."

"GPTB is the demographic the article is referring to. "

Really? Which paragraph identifies that "demographic"?

"Are you jealous"

WTF? "Are you jealous"? You sound like a fourteen year old girl.

"that GPTB is being used not just on this site but others?"

I couldn't give two f***s if there are other a$$holes on other boards like you. When are you going to realize that it's your own pathology that makes pathetic validation like that important to you. Nobody else cares about shyt like this. Sad little losers do.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Isn't KHole 5 years older than you? Wouldn't that make him a better fit for the demographic (i.e. didn't start to ride till later in life, doesn't ride much, low skill, lots of talk, wannabe weekend warrior)

So KHole IS A GPTB.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Yeah, but he's "with it." He has "rap sessions" with his daughter's boyfriend, so he's not one of those "squares." He even listens to rock-and-roll combos.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Hold that thought for a moment, Buz - I want to get back to this intriguing "battery acid" idea.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I live in Iowa now, and have for thw past 4 years, coming from the PRNY. Most riders I see out here ride Harleys and don't wear helmets.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
OK, serious answer:

GPTB - "Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood" - older riders who generally don't have pony tails, who have years of riding experience with diverse types of bikes.

DSRT - "Dinette Set Racing Team" - non-riders who pore over spec sheets and invent specious reductive formulas for judging bikes. They do this on dinette sets purchased by their wives with the DSRT'ers bonus checks instead of any of the three or four bikes the DSRT'er swore he'd be buying.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: He's a statistic

Y'know, it's the things that are staring us in the face that we most often overlook...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

nicely done Buz.. :) Yep I am fat out of shape over forty no match for longride.. or you... See you in July...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Like I said you need to look deeper beyond the sound bites

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.