Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Hmmm. Claims to cool without a compressor. Swamp cooler anyone?

The inventor says he doesn't even ride. I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If the inventor's investors want to protect him, keeping him off of a motorcycle should be the last of their concerns. They need to get him out of the middle east. Park his butt in Nevada and let him go at it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I tell "them" that my 'stitch is air-conditioned.

On those really hot days when I pull into a gas station they always have a comment. "Hot enough for you in that ski suit?" I just smile and say, "it's air-conditioned." They ask, "Air-conditioned? Really???" "Oh yeah!" I say, "It's got this evaporative cooling system that works wonders on days like these!"

Some people smile at that point while others turn away whispering to themselves, "What'll they think of next?!?"

It's amazing how comfortable a wet shirt can be with all the vents open.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Really. I'll take 110 in dry Phoenix or Salt Lake any day rather than 100 in muggy Sacramento.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I wonder if it uses piezo-electric cooling. Doesn't add up though - I thought those units only had a very limited output. If it's evaporative cooling then I'm not going to prepare myself for being overwhelmingly impressed.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Actually, this may be in the real of the possible.

As I understand it, the Army developed a portable cooled helmet that was very effective and light. There problem was that the rest of the body overheated, and the wearer still felt cool. I do not know what further developments have been made.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.