Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Alas and alack - a sign of the times.

I would not be suprised to hear that organizers could not get liability coverage either. The usual suspects, Lloyds-AIG-Allianze probably have excellent private intelligence on risks along the route.

The next 20 years or so are going to bite even more than the last 20.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Without getting off on some right wing genocidal rant I'll just point out how ridicules it is that modern advanced sociaties are held hostage by what are basically fanatical adhereants to a Dark Ages religious doctrine. Either drag them kicking and screaming into the 21st century or send them all to Hell.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
This isn't the first time a major sporting event has been cancelled or seriously impacted by violence, war, or politics. The US dropping out of the Olympics when the USSR invaded Afghanastan (sp?) comes immediately to mind. It is very disappointing that an extremely small number of fanatics have not only impacted a sporting event, but have also caused a lot of otherwise rational people to decide that all Muslims are blood thirsty fanatics bent on destroying modern society. I guess we'd better hope that's BS, since Muslims outnumber everyone else with the possible exception of the Chinese.

It's pretty clear to me that whatever we've been doing since 9/11 is at best ineffective at reducing the "terrorist threat," and more likely has made it worse. Not to mention the tremendous loss of life, huge expenditures of money, and loss of freedoms in our country and others.

The unfortunate part is, deciding to "hunt them down and kill them" just doesn't work. Usually it just makes them stronger and pushes them further into extremism. As well as creating new recruits from the "nits."

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
It's all a LIE.......

.........it's just a Right-Wing Conspiracy® to discredit the Democratic Party on the Eve of Hiliary's Ascension to the Throne™............

(and it's working! - Obamalama's in the Lead - don't let this Right-Wing Conspiracy® shoot-down the Rightful Inheritance of the Clinton Dynasty©!)

ZZZZzzzzt: - Ploipt! Trolltrolltrolltrolltrolltroll.......

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Well I for one think there should be a sidecar class in the Paris to Dakar that requires a Ma Duce mounted on a co-ax traverse rig, along with smoke grenades and a SAW mounted on the handlebars for the pilot. Let's see the fuzzy-wuzzys deal with that. They'd all be mounted on Chang Jiang M1's of course (Painted Afrika Biege).

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I for one think there should be a sidecar class in the Paris to Dakar that requires a Ma Duce mounted on a co-ax traverse rig, along with smoke grenades and a SAW mounted on the handlebars for the pilot. Let's see the fuzzy-wuzzys deal with that. They'd all be mounted on Chang Jiang M1's of course (Painted Afrika Biege).
You drive Cuddy and I'll man the guns! I think we could win the thing!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"You drive Cuddy and I'll man the guns! I think we could win the thing"

When do we go? I'm ready now. Just need a bunch of velcro to keep me in the saddle...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This isn't the first time a major sporting event has been cancelled or seriously impacted by violence, war, or politics. The US dropping out of the Olympics when the USSR invaded Afghanastan (sp?) comes immediately to mind. It is very disappointing that an extremely small number of fanatics have not only impacted a sporting event, but have also caused a lot of otherwise rational people to decide that all Muslims are blood thirsty fanatics bent on destroying modern society. I guess we'd better hope that's BS, since Muslims outnumber everyone else with the possible exception of the Chinese.

It's pretty clear to me that whatever we've been doing since 9/11 is at best ineffective at reducing the "terrorist threat," and more likely has made it worse. Not to mention the tremendous loss of life, huge expenditures of money, and loss of freedoms in our country and others.

The unfortunate part is, deciding to "hunt them down and kill them" just doesn't work. Usually it just makes them stronger and pushes them further into extremism. As well as creating new recruits from the "nits."
Good points. I'm much more worried about our own home grown fascists of the left and right than a few primitives hiding in caves.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Apparently there are some new, non-lethal alternatives that you may wish to consider:

infrared fart | Men & Women | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab

·
Registered
352 Posts
What the hell happened to "Give me freedom or give me death!" ??
It's only terrorism if your afraid of it.

This country lost it's balls.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's brains over balls, everytime. It's a chess playing world, stop playing checkers.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I used to kinda like that "Connect Four" game-thingie. It was The Shizznit when I was like, Eleven. Then I discovered masturbating.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Realpolitik?

It's brains over balls, everytime. It's a chess playing world, stop playing checkers.
Often that's just an excuse to do nothing. If the French and Brits had had the balls to play "checkers" with the Nazis early on, instead of using their "brains", the world would have been spared much misery. Instead they played chess with a madman. And we had to go pull their fat from the fire once again.

Cowards always have a million excuses for not acting. Like today. Sure, attacking Iraq was a mistake. But the many of those currently opposed to the war are being disingenuous. They would never fight for any reason whatsoever. They would feed their neighbors to the crocodile in the hope that they would be eaten last.

"Honor killings" in America now. Some freak in Texas just murdered his two teenage daughters because of some nutzoid Islamic idea. But that's okay. We can't criticize other cultures because they are all equally valid.

Maybe someone can find some clever chess move that will bring those two girls back to life.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I loved the fact that so many Euro countries were 'neutral' during WWII. How the hell can you be that during a war that was right on top of you? Kinda like staying 'neutral' in a bar brawl. All that gets you is laid out. I guess 'neutral' is the new age word for 'coward' these days.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I loved the fact that so many Euro countries were 'neutral' during WWII. How the hell can you be that during a war that was right on top of you? Kinda like staying 'neutral' in a bar brawl. All that gets you is laid out. I guess 'neutral' is the new age word for 'coward' these days.
It's one thing to play chess with the Soviets who, after all, were willing to play such a game. BTW, we won that one. And it wasn't won by the snobby intellectuals.

How do you play chess with people who simply knock the board over and pull out a scimitar? They dynamite 2 thousand year old Buddhist relics and kill their own daughters if they won't wear a headdress. I'm sure talking will help a lot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.