Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Awesome race, and awesome job reporting it with a spoiler warning and no giveaway in the lede.

Yep, Ducati and Rossi are has-beens.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If only more people were into MotoGP in the U.S. That was simply one of the most astounding racing events I've seen in my lifetime.

On second thought, let's not let too many people know. NASCAR is king! (cough...cough...)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The race was simply amazing and, for once, I saw Nicky *fighting to the end* rather than just let the others fight and not risk anything. He needs to continue to do that if he wants to be considered a real champion (whether he wins or not). Now, it would be a possible way to get more US fans interested in GP racing if: 1. they showed the race on a channel with more audience, and 2. the AMA superbike series were not so boring. The AMA superbike goes something like that: suzuki, suzuki, honda honda suzuki ducati ducati kawasaki, jordan suzuki, jordan suzuki, jordan suzuki, *every single race!* (with minor changes). Mladin has so much more power than the rest that he was passing them easily on the straights without even really drafting. I cannot believe that bikes that are essentially identical when tested stock become so different with the mods allowed by the rules. The two lead suzukis are just way above the rest. This is no way to make it fun (although it is still more fun to watch than Nascar...)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
My parents came over about halfway through the race and my dad sat down and started asking all these questions.

My mom was ready to leave and my dad said, " not until the race is over."

We may have a new convert.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Truly one of the best races I've ever seen. When Rossi fell back from first to fifth I'd written him off and thought for sure that Capirossi would win the thing. Rossi is amazing, and another great race by Nicky and Capirossi. With those two tied for the lead, and Rossi theoretically re-emerging this will be a fun season.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
All those Nicky nay-sayers out there should finally shut up. He's racing the best in the world and he's consistant! His confidense is WAY up and his mistakes are way down. We will see an American as World Champ with-in 2 years. That's what matters.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Nicky was awesome! Didn't put a wheel wrong the whole race. I love his humble Ownzburra manner - And stayed ahead of Pedrosa!!

Rossi - no adjectives left.

Dukati - good on yer.

Bought my ticket to Laguna Seca yesterday - they still have grandstand seats left.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Oh - lest we not forget - KRJR finished 8th on his KR/Honda. That's got to be his best finish in two years - on a dry track.

Hopper finished 10th!

Collin Edwards - Come back to WSB, it's not worth watching without an American in it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Euros kick azz. The problem with the Yanks is they are no good in riding or driving. Look at F1 or world rally. Bicycles is another thing. I recommend you guys concentrating on pedalling.

Tongue in cheek

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Let it be written and let it be done. Amen.

I'm also in the process of converting a few friends.

MotoGP (and most MC roadracing) is actually entertaining even to people who don't identify themselves as some form of motorhead. It's amazing.

Sh*t, even Leno said that it was way better than auto racing on the Tonight Show. And he's something like God, right?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Good call on KRJR. The KR/Honda's got another new chassis and Jr. is feeling pretty good about it. We'll see how it goes from here, but Suzuki can't be feeling too good right now.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
i think if Rossi was on a Ducati he would lap the field. wonder if they tried to get him for next year? seems so natural... Capirossi and Jibbernow both got multiyear deals or ???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.